plow for Kubota

/ plow for Kubota #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a Kubota B2100 and am thinking of buying a single bottom 14 inch plow from TSC. Will the 21 horse tractor be able to pull this plow in snail mode. It is just to plow a small garden - not commercial use.

/ plow for Kubota #2  
I have used a single bottom plow successfully with my B7100D (16hp/ gear drive/ 4wd / Ag tires). I'd say that you will have no problems if you have AG tires and may be okay even with turf tires.

Kelvin

/ plow for Kubota #3  
dacus1, it's going to depend to a great extent on what kind of soil you have, moisture content, and depth you set the plow to. It may go very easily, or you may find that you cannot plow as deep as you wanted to.

Bird

/ plow for Kubota #4  
Dacus,
As Bird said it will depend on what you have to work with with soil. As an example I've got a JD 4600 MFWD and I couldn't pull my two bottom plow with it to plow some pasture ground that I have and it's 43 hp. I had to use my Massey Super 90. On the other hand it will pull it in ground that has already been worked.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ plow for Kubota
I just purchased a 12" single for my 7500DT. Power is no problem but the tractor is just not heavy enough. I have the industrial R4 tires. I think if I add fluid in the back suitcase weights on the front and ag tires I'd be fine. But if I would have known I was going to have to spend all that, I may have waited till I could afford the tiller. Live and learn.

/ plow for Kubota #6  
I am running a L2500 (27hp) and have no trouble with my 12" bottom plow. My turf tires are filled. The Howse plow weights 214# and is recommended for tractors with 15 to 25 HP.

/ plow for Kubota
I have a B2100 and pull a 14" single plow with turf tires and FEL. Last fall I plowed about an acre that wasn't plowed for more than 25 years. My only problem was I could not get the sod to lay completely over it kinda stood on its side. My gorund is very very rocky but it did a good job considering all the rocks and it made for easier roto-tilling.

/ plow for Kubota
I have a B2100 and pull a 14" single plow with turf tires and FEL. Last fall I plowed about an acre that wasn't plowed for more than 25 years. My only problem was I could not get the sod to lay completely over it kinda stood on its side. My ground is very very rocky but it did a good job considering all the rocks and it made for easier roto-tilling.

/ plow for Kubota #9  
<font color=blue>I could not get the sod to lay completely over it kinda stood on its side.</font color=blue>

Isn't the solution for that to run faster if you can?

Bird

/ plow for Kubota #10  
A friend offered his two bottom plow if I ever needed it. He cautioned though that it doesn't have (forget the name), an extra wing or blade above the main blade that gets the soil to layover. I do recall seeing these features on the big ag plows and they do a nice job of completely turning the soil over. Hope this helps /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif