Newbie hydraulic leak question on a BX23

/ Newbie hydraulic leak question on a BX23
Well I popped off the quick release and tightened the two lower connections that were loose on the controller console, though the leak is still there. With 11 hours on tractor, I think I will leave this for the dealer to repair unless you have any other suggestions.

/ Newbie hydraulic leak question on a BX23 #12  
Don't give up now!!! Keep looking and trying. Even if you find the problem but can't fix it you will have the satisfaction of knowing what it is before the dealer.
One time I took my mower to the repair shop cause I had some smoking and noise that I couldn't see. Turned out to be a rag, had I looked a little harder or taken a few more minutes...then there was the time the engine won't start on another piece of equip., my small engine guy came over, said Did ya check tha fuse?). My point? Don't give up till the cows come home and you 're so darn frustrated.........
Good luck and hunting!!!
Just take it to the dealer before you take a hammer to it!!!

Eric P.

/ Newbie hydraulic leak question on a BX23 #13  
One thing to check is the compression fittings. I had a very similar problem on my BX2200. There was so much fluid that I couldn't tell where it was originating from so I kept taking hoses off and looking at the fittings. Sure enough, one cracked. You have to look closely because the smallest crack will cause a leak due to the pressue it's under. Very simple fix and inexpensive. Took the hose to my dealer to promply made me a new one up on the spot. And frankly, the hose they made me looks much more durable than the one that came stock. Over tightening can also cause them to crack so be careful how much pressue you put on them when tightening.