FEL Install oops

/ FEL Install oops #1  

Allan_K

Tractor
Kubota B2910
Some days that FEL jumps right on my 2910 like it has eyes, today though, I was introduced to a new "action/reaction" concept! Things were looking pretty good from the drivers seat, looked like the bottom rest pins were engaged, so I started rolling the bucket to line up the top pins. Turned out the bottom pin cradles were resting on top of the pin, and both leaped out when the top contacted the bosses. The FEL dropped just far enough for the crossover brace to smack one of the Quick Couplings and snap the fitting coming out of the valve case. Through the torrent of spraying Hydraulic Life Blood, I found the key. (Not before I was thoroughly coated from head to toe!)

Murphy's law applies, and if you break something, it's sure to be on Sunday. TSC didn't have anything close for fittings, so I admitted defeat... Well only for about an hour, then I fired up the mig, and welded them together. Used it all day, with no leaks. 5 hours before the maiden fluid change... almost made it without breaking something! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ FEL Install oops #2  
Allan

Did the same thing to my B2910 in 2000. Luckily for my the dealer was open. Did not have one in stock. Took one off a tractor in the show room. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I bought a spare in case it happens again.
This will be good if I can remember where it is. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ FEL Install oops #3  
Allan, I haven't done that one yet, but I did almost have it happen to me and only by the grace of god did it drop in instead of off. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Regards,
Dave