50 Hour service Question....

/ 50 Hour service Question.... #1  

don716

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ B7500/with 2000 lb winch
I'm working on my service on my B7500 and just got the oil changed. The dealer said after the first oil change to change it again every 100 hours now. Would it hurt to do it every 50 hours?How many fuel and hydrolic filters are they> It's a B7500 HST ?
Donny /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 50 Hour service Question.... #2  
<font color="blue">Would it hurt to do it every 50 hours?</font>
It wont hurt anything except your wallet. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Not sure why you'd want to do this unless you're in a severe environment.

<font color="blue">How many fuel and hydrolic[sic] filters are they[sic]</font>
This information is in the owners manual. There's usually 1 fuel filter and 2 hydraulic filters, at least that's how many my NH TC25D (also an HST) has.

/ 50 Hour service Question.... #3  
I change my little tractor at least once per year or around 200 hours, my tractors oil change time per the manual.. The oil is still pretty good at 12 months which usually puts me just under 100 hours. I like the idea of a fresh oil and a fuel filter every year.

Some of our company tractors have a suggested 600 hours and thats when the oil is changed. I prefer no more than 200 to 250 hours on my stuff, most of the time its changed in the 100 hour range.

/ 50 Hour service Question....
When I called the dealer today I asked him about changing the hydrolic fluid and he said that if it looked OK then I did'nt need to bother with it.He said to just mainly change the filters. Does this sound good enough ? If so all I need is a fuel filter, 2 hydrolic filters, and a air filter.
Are the hydrolic filters hard to change?
Donny

/ 50 Hour service Question.... #5  
<font color="red">"if it looked OK" </font>

This statement seems kind of subjective to me and I would go by the manual, especially during the warranty period. Kubota will stand behind the manual. Will they back you up if you said "it LOOKED OK"? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 50 Hour service Question.... #6  
It's hydraulic /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What's the manual say to do?

/ 50 Hour service Question.... #7  
Instructions for B7500HST 50 Hour Service

Plastic Sheet, hand light, 26mm, 19mm, 17mm, 14mm, extension socket, universal self adjusting filter wrench, large mouth long stem funnels

Place plastic sheet on floor and position hand light

Warm up Engine for 5 minutes

Remove oil drain plug (19mm with extension socket) with 3plus quart drain pan in place

Remove side panel of engine

Place pan under filter and take filter wrench (Sears metal self adjusting universal) and turn counterclockwise to remove oil filter (be careful of wires)

Place 3 ½ gal pan and remove two Hydro drain plugs (17mm) near mid PTO

Remove left HST filter

Place 2 quart pan or extra large coffee can and remove drain plug near front left drive shaft (14mm)

Remove strainer (26mm) and clean out small filings

Take off right HST filter

Put in engine oil drain plug

Coat gasket of new oil filter (70000-15241) with oil and hand screw on

Fill Engine oil (15-30 diesel rated) with yellow funnel between marks on dipstick (3.2 quarts)

Tighten transmission strainer and all three transmission drain plugs

Hand tighten left (66021-36060) and right (67955-37710) HST Filters with gasket coated with oil.
Fill Hydro Oil (super UDT) with long stemmed wide mouth funnel into fill behind seat. Take off slow moving vehicle sign for better access.

It is actually a very easy job. Whole process takes about an hour and one half. Good luck!

/ 50 Hour service Question.... #8  
Don716, When you had the 50 hour service done, the dealer did not change the hydro fluid? It is suspose to be apart of the 50 hour service. The filters are suspose to do as they are named, filter out contaminents in your oil/ hyd. fluid. The oil/ hyd. fluid does break down after a while along with any additives that are added to help with lubrication or stability of the fluids. My kubota 7610's manual states that all of the fluids are to be changen at 50 hours,that includes engine, trans., axles, hyd. fluid( hydrostat) Then at 100 hrs. I am to replace the engine oil and fuel filter. At 200 hrs. I am to replace the engine oil & filter, and fuel filter. At 300 hrs. I get to replace all of the filters and fluids in the tractor. My dealer was only charging $75.00 for the 50 hr. service to change everything so at that price I will let him do it. The only time I would change the filters out of the recomended hours is if I'm using the tractor in extreme environments, as in a gravel pit, coal yard, etc. If it is just around the yard type deal I would save the money UNLESS you are letting the tractor sit for long periods of time as in months without use. That will let moisture build up, and that will cause problems. Then you'll want to change the fluids along with the filters. Hope this helps. John

/ 50 Hour service Question.... #9  
Maxwell, thanks for your useful instructions. My own manual for my B7500 indicates that there are four drain plugs for the hydraulic fluid. Two are located under the real axles, one on each side. The third one is on the side of the mid-PTO, and the fourth is at the front transmission case. My tractor is a year old now and I am about to do this service. I wonder if the instruction manuals have changed, since I have seen other posts that mention only three drain plugs. My manual has a code number on the back that is 6C120-6311-3.

One final point: The manual does not recommend that the transmission strainer be cleaned until 300 hours, so I was not planning on doing this at 50 hours.

Comments anyone?

/ 50 Hour service Question.... #10  
I would clean the strainer even though the manual says 300 hrs. Can't hurt, takes only a minute or two, and think how much better you will sleep knowing that all that schrapnel is in a better place...
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif