New guy with BX1500 questions

/ New guy with BX1500 questions #1  

TommyT

Tractor
Kubota BX1500
Hi everyone, and thanks for a great forum.

I recently purchased a 1 year old BX1500 with 70 hours on it. The fellow had traded it in on a (larger) John Deere. I got a pretty good buy on it, but the Deere dealer knew very little about the machine.

I got all the manuals with the tractor, but am wondering what the little red "button" is at the top rear of the transaxle. Whatever it is, I can't make it push /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'll try to attach a picture. Thanks.

Attachments

• 471370-button.jpg
    471370-button.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 261
   / New guy with BX1500 questions
Ahhhh! Ok, that makes sense. I guess the red plastic "button" part is just a cover over the actual vent. Thanks!

Another "what the heck is this thing" question - there is a red plastic cap on the side of the air filter box. Under this cap is some type of pin.... attaching a pic, with the red cap removed....

Attachments

• 471376-airfilter.jpg
    471376-airfilter.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 179
   / New guy with BX1500 questions #4  
Just a guess since there is no similiar part on my BX22. Possibly a indicator when the air cleaner is restricted? Is there no referance to this in the owners manual? Sorry, more questions than answers.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New guy with BX1500 questions #5  
Junkman are you SURE??? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif My BX22 has one right below the seat..about 6 inches towards the 3-PH.

It is just a vent.

/ New guy with BX1500 questions #6  
I was refering to the button that he has posted in the picture. I also have a transmission vent. That part of the question was already answered by cup149.
Here is the question that my answer is applicable to:
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Another "what the heck is this thing" question - there is a red plastic cap on the side of the air filter box. Under this cap is some type of pin.... attaching a pic, with the red cap removed.... )</font>

/ New guy with BX1500 questions #7  
My fault....I am sorry /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ New guy with BX1500 questions
( Is there no referance to this in the owners manual?)

Nope, nothing in the manual about it. It's threaded on the end, where the plastic cap covers it. Maybe a hose goes on there for some kind of clogged air filter indicator. I dunno, but it just appears to not be used in this application.

Thanks for the help though, I'm sure there's someone somewhere out there that knows...

Oh, I meant to say it looked like some type of roll pin, when I said it looked like a pin.

/ New guy with BX1500 questions #9  
I don't remember the brand of air filter that Kubota uses, but I do know that it is a National available brand here in the US. You might try the manufacturer by doing a Google search. If it wasn't raining outside, I would check mine and find the brand. For some reason, Fleetguard comes to mind, but I could be wrong. When you find it, e mail the manufacturer and you will get an answer..... hopefully...

/ New guy with BX1500 questions #10  
I just checked my 2003 BX22 and it has the same red cap on the air cleaner. The air cleaner is manufactured by Baldwin Filter Company under the trade name "Fleetguard".