MMM Discharge Chute

/ MMM Discharge Chute #1  

Tdog

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX22
Has anyone come up with a simple way to raise the discharge chute when you need to get through tight places? I remember a thread some time ago where someone, with more savy than I have, devised a hydraulic lift for it. While that's not overkill, it is more than I will be able to pull off.
Thanks

/ MMM Discharge Chute #2  
I hooked a tarp strap under the bottom of the chute (with it in the up positon), then hooked it to the FEL bracket. The tarp lets the spring action hold tension on the strap. Workes fine to go through gates, load trailer, etc.

Cost: about a $1

ron

/ MMM Discharge Chute #3  
Here's a pic.

Attachments

• 471467-grass deflector.jpg
    471467-grass deflector.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 451
   / MMM Discharge Chute #4  
I do the same as Ron.

/ MMM Discharge Chute
Thanx everyone. I've been using an old horse lead to tie up the chute. A bungie cord makes good sense. I guess I'll resign myself to it being up or down - - not something I can control from my seat.
I have yet to remove my MMM - - I don't have a concrete floor to slide it out on, so I just live with it. It can be a major pain sometimes.

/ MMM Discharge Chute #8  
I took the discharge chute off. Now it never gets in the way.

/ MMM Discharge Chute #9  
This has worked well for me, 3/8" allen wrench. I have lost one in three years use. Almost never mow with it down any more.

Attachments

• 472143-FlapHolder.jpg
    472143-FlapHolder.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 297
   / MMM Discharge Chute #10  
Now that is ingenious milkman. I love a solution that is so obvious one wonders why everybody doesn't already use it.