Jerky clutch

/ Jerky clutch #1  

boats123

Tractor
Ford 641 kubota m4900
I have an m4900 with 53 hours. Recently when backing out of the storage area I have noticed the clutch sort of jerking when I start to backup. This does not occur all the time nor when going forward but it has happened a few times just after startup. Tractor has never been rained on so I suspect oil on clutch. Does this sound right or what do you think. Any help appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Jerky clutch #2  
put some more hours on it and also notify the dealer. If it is oil or grease, it will not get better. If it is just that the surface is a little rough, it will wear in and be fine. I wouldn't worry about it unless it got a lot worse with use...

/ Jerky clutch #3  
We used to put 'em in high gear, and get up against a tree, and rev the engine up, slip the clutch and 'burn off' or burnish off any rust or oil accumulation. The worst that can happen is you will kill the engine.
Its what I would try. I would watch (and worry) about any oil that might be dripping from the clutch area, with the thought that a main bearing was leaking at the seal.