Cost of Filters and Hydraulic Oil

/ Cost of Filters and Hydraulic Oil #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'm at the 50-hour service on my B2710. When I did the 10-hour service I bought the oil filter and 2-1/2 gallons of Super UDT Hydraulic Oil from a local dealer. The filter was $17.50 and the oil was $18.50. I know that I have a big investment in this tractor, but these prices seem to be high. Does anyone use a different brand filter or oil? Would this void the warranty? The way I see it it will cost me about $100.00 to do the 50-hour service myself.

/ Cost of Filters and Hydraulic Oil #2  
Crank,
I just got the filter for my B2710 and it was $4.50 and super UDT was $15.95 a gal. If your tractor is a later one and takes two filters than thats not a bad price for both. The filter on my B8200 was $36.00.

Von

18-30445-von.gif

/ Cost of Filters and Hydraulic Oil #3  
Crank, my N.H. cost me around $100 for filters,5 gals.hyd oil,and engine oil. I think its cheap insurance considering the cost of the tractor.Tom

/ Cost of Filters and Hydraulic Oil #4  
I have to check my manual but was surprised to see a post regarding a 10 hr service. Is that just being cautious or a prescribed oil/fluid change? I'm just at the 10 hr mark and was planning on a 50 hr service. Thanks. (BTW, I have a BX2200)
Thanks,
David

/ Cost of Filters and Hydraulic Oil #5  
I would have to say they are overpriced but don't contribute it to the dealer but the manufacturer weather it's green, blue, or orange. Well heck all color for that matter. It's all about they have something we all want...first the initail purchase of the tractor...then of course you have to (got you by the _alls) do up-keep on you new investment. But in the long run when you don't think about all the money it sure is allot of fun operating these babies and getting stuff done that you could never (well sure would be along time) get done without one.
/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Darin

/ Cost of Filters and Hydraulic Oil #6  
I'm with NYTrainer. I just bought a new L2600DT and don't see anything in the manual regarding 10-hour service. 50-hours is the first level of service with most other service coming in 100-hour intervals. I've only got 5-hours on the new bota and sure hope I've got 45 to go before any service at all.

If you think fluids and filters are expensive, try buying a small spray can of ROPS grey paint... $11.00. Yet a small can of the Orange paint is only $7.00. What a rip-off /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

FarmerBob

/ Cost of Filters and Hydraulic Oil #7  
FarmerBob,

I know what you mean on the paint cans..been there and done that /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif and you would think that being so much they would spray good like the pattern and flow. They are terrible if you want to do a good quality job in a small spot and try to blend it in. Might be good paint quality but needs to do something better than a 10 cent can now come on.../w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Cost of Filters and Hydraulic Oil #8  
Hmmmm. Thought about painting the ROPS <font color=orange>orange</font color=orange>? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

The GlueGuy

/ Cost of Filters and Hydraulic Oil #9  
David,
I have not looked in to it yet, as I do not have the hours, but my BX2200 FEL has a sticker on it regarding some maintenance at 10 hours.

/ Cost of Filters and Hydraulic Oil #10  
The only 10-hour service interval that I've been able to find for my B2410 is greasing the fittings on the loader. This is in the manual and also posted on the loader frame. The table of maintenance items in the tractor manual starts at 50 hours.