Maintenance database spreadsheet?

/ Maintenance database spreadsheet? #1  

texomobile

Tractor
Kubota L3710 HST
Any one have maintenance expense tracking data base software or spreadsheets?
I would like something that has the Kubota maintenance schedule included to print a "work order" with check offs, for what ever maintenance needs to be done.
I'm thinking of doing this in MS excel or access

/ Maintenance database spreadsheet? #2  
I am working on one to support my new L3130 but I am afraid that it won't help you since I use Quattro Pro and Paradox. I had not progressed to printing out "work orders" but that is a useful idea.

Vernon

/ Maintenance database spreadsheet?
The "work order" is really just printed instructions and check offs that would be based on current hours and the table in the manual. I just don't want to get my manual all greased up. I'm sure such a project could be done in dbase 4 or other easily exchanged format.
You input your hrs and the report would have the instructions and parts needed for the current maintenance all ready to go and take to the shop. Then a cheap printout is trashed not the manual.

/ Maintenance database spreadsheet? #4  
Hi...

"I just don't want to get my manual all greased up."

Just print copies of the maintenance checklists... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dave...

/ Maintenance database spreadsheet? #5  
Not get the manual all greased up??? Next thing will be white gloves when we change the oil. I don't think I've ever got my manuals greased upped.......maybe a spot of grease here and there, but no big deal and Ive done a lot of maint. on my machines. The time you spend setting up dbases and spread sheets you could be getting seat time or washing and waxing your orange metal so you won't get your manual all greased upped!!!
For what it's worth..................

Eric P.

/ Maintenance database spreadsheet? #6  
Try this software, its free to use for 30 days and it will do all you need including printing maintenance reports on any vehicle. click here

I use it for my TC-40D New Holland.

/ Maintenance database spreadsheet? #7  
Mike,

I looked at CAR. It doesn't appear to me that you can use hours instead of, say, miles for tracking purposes. I was just wondering how you use it for tracking your maintenance on your TC40D, since all of the maintenance is hours based.

Or did I miss something when I looked at the program? I did not download it, if that would make any difference. I'd be very interested in finding a program that uses hours for tracking the maintenance cycles. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Maintenance database spreadsheet? #8  
Garry it is set up to use hours or an odometer reading. The software tells me when the next PM is due, in my case 300 hours, and prints out reports that I carry to the pole barn telling me what needs to be done to the TC-40D.

It also keeps my Operators Manual clean and in the house so I don't feel bad about getting the printed reports messed up with oil and grease. Once the PM has been done I then instruct the program of the completion and at what hours on the meter that they were performed.

Garry I think if you download and try it that you'll like it the same as I do. It's pretty simple to use and keeps me on track as far as the service reminders.

/ Maintenance database spreadsheet? #9  
Dude, your computer-speak completely fried my melon.

However, being a lady, I do know a thing or two about stayin' presentable and organized despite being surrounded by animal feces for a good portion of the day.

If you don't want your manual to get that "antiqued" look by your greasy piddies, the weather, or overly epicurious farm critters, I'd recommend tossin' it in the ol' pickup and drivin' it to one of them there fancy-pants office supply stores and gittin' the pages laminated.

While your at that office supply place, pick yerself up one of them there 3-ring binders (preferably ORANGE vinyl), punch a few holes in your new fancy-pants laminated custom-made Kubota manual, and scoff at those who balk your interest in actually taking pride in your investment. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Maintenance database spreadsheet? #10  
Surely trucking companies should have computer generated data bases for maintenance schedules. Wouldn't know how to get hold of one though.

Egon