trany screen at 200hr maintenance

/ trany screen at 200hr maintenance #1  

K_Daulby

Tractor
BX 23s ,,BX 2200
I am just wondering what other bx2200 owners have experienced when doing there 200hr. are you finding a lot of metal filings in the trany screen like at your 50hr. or are you finding no filings at all. this is just a heads up for myself, as I am about to do my 200hr. and I was very woried after my 50hr and what i found in the screen, so if i kind of know what to expect it may eleve my fears. thanx
Kevin

/ trany screen at 200hr maintenance #2  
My manual says to change the hydro oil and filter every 300 hours, so I was planning to change it at 350 hours since I changed it at 50 hours. 200 maybe a little early??

/ trany screen at 200hr maintenance
I am not inquiring about the trany filter! i am inquiring about the trany fluid pick up line screen? when i cleaned it at 50hr's
i was astonished at the amount of metal filings i found in the screen. I think these filings came off the castings of parts that make up the trany, so if that is true than these filings should be only a one time occurance. therefor when i inspect the screen this time there should be no filings because they all were removed at the 50hr.
So once again i would like some feed back on people who have done the 200hr main. and checked the screen to see what is there. I am hoping that they can reassure me that they too found no metal. thanx
Kevin

/ trany screen at 200hr maintenance #4  
Do the maintenance and then you'll know first hand what you find. You may find a few metal filings, but it won't be anything like you found at 50 hours. Finding the filings in the screen is a good thing, as that is what it is there for.

/ trany screen at 200hr maintenance #5  
Kevin,

My manual says 300 hours on the screen too, where are you reading to clean the screen at 200 hours? My tractor has 200 hours on it as of today, so if I am missing something, it would be good to know.

/ trany screen at 200hr maintenance
in my manual it says filter and fluid at 200hr so i just thought i would check the screen also as i am doing the maintenance.

/ trany screen at 200hr maintenance #7  
Interesting, can the maintenance schedule be different in Canada then the USA on a BX? At 200 hours it says to change the engine oil and filter, but not the hydro oil and filter.

Folks what does your manual say for hydro filter and filter change, 200 or 300 hours?

Also it is actually 350 hours since it was changed at 50 hours??

/ trany screen at 200hr maintenance #8  
The Operator's Manual for my BX23 recommends changing the transmission fluid, oil and strainer at 300. 200 is only the Engine Oil, not the transmission oil. BUT, I guess it wouldn't hurt to change it more frequently.

/ trany screen at 200hr maintenance #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Interesting, can the maintenance schedule be different in Canada then the USA on a BX? At 200 hours it says to change the engine oil and filter, but not the hydro oil and filter.)</font>

That’s the difference between American hours and those Canadian metric hours.

/ trany screen at 200hr maintenance #10  
Those aren't metric hours... those are imperial hours...

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif