B2400 starting problem finally solved

/ B2400 starting problem finally solved #11  
I just bought a B2400 that had the starter issue, after a quick search I found this thread. Just ran over to the JD dealer and picked the AM107421 relay- - -she's starting like a champ now.

Thanks All ! ! !

Congrats on finding this great tractor forum and finding the post you needed to fix your tractor yourself. You are the 2nd person recently, to use an older post, to find the Deere relay to fix your Kubota. Welcome to TBN!

/ B2400 starting problem finally solved #12  
Welcome and great find!!!:p

/ B2400 starting problem finally solved
Glad to see that this old post is still helpful. Low voltage relay has been on the tractor for 5 years now and it still starts on the first try. Thanks again Kubmech.

/ B2400 starting problem finally solved #14  
I have a John Deere 112l mower. I will try to start it and the engine will start to crank and then quit. After I do that one time and turn the key again, I just here one clicking noise and the engine doesn't even try to turn. I thought it was the battery so I got me a new one and it didn't help. I can jump the mower with my truck and then the mower works until I shut it off. Then it does the exact same thing. Do you think that this problem could be that it needs a hard start relay? I have been reading the post on here and it seems like all the others will start after a while. Mine will not start unless I jump it . Any suggesstions if you don't think it does need a hard start relay? thanks

/ B2400 starting problem finally solved #15  
Talk about good timing. I have a 97 G1900S that has the same starting problem - Infrequent starting, but the starter solenoid was clicking and the starter spline would extend about 1/2 way.

I picked up the lower voltage relay today at a JD dealer in Waco, TX. Got it installed tonight and it started everytime. Last night I had to turn the ignition maybe 15-20 times before the tractor would start. It was always a crap shoot if it would start again if I ever turned it off.

Thanks to Kubmech for the great tip.

Dennis

/ B2400 starting problem finally solved #16  
So I'm trying to troubleshoot a starting problem on a L4310 GST.

I can get the starter motor to turn over if I jump the terminal connection from the battery cable to the terminal where the Black Wire with a white stripe from the ignition switch lands.

It seems that voltage is only 10 or so volts. I'd assume that the starter at least tries to turn over but there's no connection. Is there any other possible SNAFU's? For example the shuttle switch or some other relay control that's gone bad?

Cheers,

MISOLITH

/ B2400 starting problem finally solved #17  
B8200 starting problem......$32 relay saved me alot of headaches....former owner switched out the ignition switch but to no avail......5 minutes to install and BAM...starts each and every time.......

/ B2400 starting problem finally solved #18  
I have a b2100 and am having the same problems wish I looked a little harder for a fix before I thought I knew the problem. So far I threw a battery and a new starter at the problem.
I know the jd part # but all the links to the wiring digrams don't work on my end. I pm'd Kubmech but not sure if hes still on here. anybody got any leads on where to tie in the wires?
Thanks from Hans

/ B2400 starting problem finally solved
I have a printed copy of Kubmech's response to the starting problem. Per this response the low voltage starting relay is hooked up as follows:

Red wire goes to battery terminal of the starter.

Black wire goes to ground.

You plug the black/white lead that would normally go to your starter to the male purple connector of the relay and the female connector purple lead to the starter.

Hope this helps.

/ B2400 starting problem finally solved #20  
I have a printed copy of Kubmech's response to the starting problem. Per this response the low voltage starting relay is hooked up as follows:

Red wire goes to battery terminal of the starter.

Black wire goes to ground.

You plug the black/white lead that would normally go to your starter to the male purple connector of the relay and the female connector purple lead to the starter.

Hope this helps.

It sure does thank you very much.