L3830 HST with Georgia overdrive

/ L3830 HST with Georgia overdrive #1  

Gerald

Bronze Member
Tractor
L3830HST & L3010HST
I found another gear in my L3830 HST yesterday. My driveway is about 500 ft. long with the first of it downhill. Driving back from the road, foot flat on the floor, I thought why not try the cruise. Cruise lever next to range lever, it will go into neutral at that speed. Georgia overdrive! I just let it roll to a stop and put it back in gear. No problem but an unexpected fast ride. Anyone else found the new gear?
Gerald

/ L3830 HST with Georgia overdrive #2  
I've not used that particular gear, but I have found the after-burner mode by going down a hill in 2wd thinking that I was in 4wd. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Kelvin

/ L3830 HST with Georgia overdrive #3  
Yep, pull my GST into neutral on a hill and enjoy the ride sometimes. Still haven't seen over 18 mph though. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris

/ L3830 HST with Georgia overdrive #4  
Must be a Georgia thing. I did that ONE time at our mountain home when I first got the tractor. I also learned what pucker factor meant that day and that the brakes on my tractor are not very good. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MarkV

/ L3830 HST with Georgia overdrive #5  
I understand exactly what you are saying. The cruise lever and the range control lever are identical in size and shape and are very close to each other. I occasionally move the range lever by mistake - usually accompanied by much gear grinding /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif