total length of bx2230 with snowblower attachment

/ total length of bx2230 with snowblower attachment #1  

astor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx2230
Hey Guys,
Can anyone tell me what the total length of a bx2230 with a front mount snow blower attached? I have a trailer that is 8'2" in length. My dealer told me they will not deliver a snow blower attachment for free even though I spent 13 grand on my tractor and accessories(go figure), so I figured I would want to take my tractor out there and have them mount it on the first time so I get how it hooks up. I am afraid my trailer is not quite long enough.

Does any one know?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Steve

/ total length of bx2230 with snowblower attachment #2  
I have a BX2200 with the front snowblower. I just measuerd both and would tell you that they will almost perfectly match your trailer length. (From the back of the rear tire to front of the blower)
When I bought mine, it was mowing season and the snowblowers were not in stock yet, so I picked it up separately and mounted it myself. There is a manual for both the quick hitch and blower. I had no problems at all (other than Kubota providing incorrect hydraulic hookup information!!!)

Attachments

• 487315-BX2200_1.jpg
    487315-BX2200_1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 355
   / total length of bx2230 with snowblower attachment
SeymourBota,

Thanks for your reply. I was worried as I heard they have to cut the quick connect shaft that hooks up to the mid pto to length according to which tractor you own, so I didn't want them to mess it up. But, if it is a simple hook up and they should have a lot going to bx2230 owners, maybe I should just haul the snowblower home and hook it up myself.

It is good to know I could fit all that on my trailer.

Steve

/ total length of bx2230 with snowblower attachment #4  
They shouldn't need to cut the shaft. The shaft runs into gearing on the quick hitch which then runs to a shorter shaft connected to the blower so it can raise.
I can probably snake it out and take a pic to post if you want to see how it works/ what it looks like.

/ total length of bx2230 with snowblower attachment #5  
why don't you have them set up the snowblower( as you watch) and if it don't fit on your trailer, take it off and go back for it another time, or is it too far for that?

/ total length of bx2230 with snowblower attachment
SeymourBota

If its not much trouble to photograph, that would be great. If it's a pain, don't bother. If the hook up is anything like the MMM it should be simple to do.

Frank, my dealer is about 20 miles away across town so if I can do it all at once that would be the way to go.

Thanks,

Steve

/ total length of bx2230 with snowblower attachment #7  
here is a pic of the driveshaft mounting diagram- maybe it will make more sense. Both the rear and front sriveshaft move in and out of the couplers as needed.

Attachments

• 487330-quickhitch1.jpg
    487330-quickhitch1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 457
   / total length of bx2230 with snowblower attachment #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ..................(other than Kubota providing incorrect hydraulic hookup information!!!) )</font>

Could you please give more information on this. I just purchased a Kubota snowblower for my BX22 and was not aware of any hook up mistakes in the manual. If possible, please post any pictures you have of the hook up...... thanks... Junk.....

/ total length of bx2230 with snowblower attachment #9  
The color coding did not match when the quick hitchs first came out.
hitch lift top hose (lower the hitch) hose color red matches to red on controller.
hitch lift bottom hose (raise the hitch) hose color blue matches to yellow on controller.
Kubota figured out this error and mailed a letter which my dealer sent on to me, but not before I was sure the hydraulics had failed.
Now, that was way back when, so if you bought this recently, the manual is probably correct. All they had to do was code the hoses properly!!!!

/ total length of bx2230 with snowblower attachment #10  
I purchased mine used........ well, it had been sold to a retail customer that used it once and gave up the idea of snow blowing his driveway. Sold the tractor and snowblower to another person that had no use for the snowblower. Small driveway. I purchased it from him. There are no color coded anything on the hoses. The manual mentions color bands, but this one has none and that is why I asked the question.... thanks ..... Junk.....