Winches Warn Winch on my B7500

/ Warn Winch on my B7500 #1  

don716

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ B7500/with 2000 lb winch
Well I've had my winch on my 7500 for a while now and I finally got to use it today.There was a huge tree limb that broke out of my neighbors tree.It was still attached and was too high to climb up to cut so I decided to try the winch out.I hooked it around the limb and pulled it right out and down into the field nearby.Worked like a charm. Donny /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Warn Winch on my B7500 #2  
What, no photos???? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Curious, but do you think the winch has an advantage in this case over just using a bucket hook and/or draw bar hook up point and some chain?

I don't have a winch and probably never will...so my curiosity is up...

I said PROBABLY never will.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Warn Winch on my B7500
I did'nt have a rope or chain with me so I just took the opertunity to try it out. I do need to take more pics. Donny /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Warn Winch on my B7500 #4  
What size winch are you using? My only experience has been with the larger electric winches ( Warn M12000 ) and the electrical demand is incredible. I've literally smoked an alternator belt off of my truck during a hard pull. The 12000 draws approx. 435 amps at full load, and will almost stop my 105 amp alternator with a 1050amp Champion battery! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Warn Winch on my B7500
I have a warn 2000lb ATV winch on mine. I've talked to the ATV dealer before I installed mine and he said if an ATV can handle the winch the tractor could too. He was the tech. that installed the winches on ATV's,and explained how the winch worked and the amperage it pulled.My winch has a box of some sort that works with the amps somehow to decrease the pull of the amps. Mine is hooked to my accessory "10" amp fuse and hasn't hurt it at all. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Donny

/ Warn Winch on my B7500 #6  
Can you pls post a pic of your installation. I can't think I need one now, but sure would be fun at times.

THKS.