Diff lock problems...

/ Diff lock problems... #1  

Garrabo

Banned
Tractor
3120,X-575,BX1830,BX22
Have any Bx owners had problems with there diff lock not engaging. It seems the pedal will not depress all the way anymore.
I checked the linkage but didnt see any problems. Any suggestions.
Thanks

/ Diff lock problems... #2  
I have found that sometimes you have to move the tractor a small amount before it will lock in. I believe that this is a design feature, not a defect....

/ Diff lock problems... #3  
If my BX sets for a long time my diff. lock seems harder to engage. But it seems to loosen up with use, i just figuered it was normal. Like junkman said if you move it it works easier.

/ Diff lock problems... #4  
I agree. For the last 2 weeks I have been diggin' in the mud with the BX23 and have had to use the Diff Lock many times. I push down on the Lock peddle and let one of the rear tires rotate in the mud just a little (very slowly) to allow the splines on the axle to line up and it just drops into Lock. Now there have been 3 times when I have had to pull myself out with the BH......... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Diff lock problems...
zat wuz it. I eased forward and pumped the pedal, I havent used it in a long time, guess something got stuck.
Thanks for the info... heres a pic for your efforts

Attachments

• 487626-stumppuller.JPG
    487626-stumppuller.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 194
   / Diff lock problems... #6  
I have found when on firm ground that it may be necessary to turn the tractor while moving forward so that the rear wheels turn at different speeds until the gears line up allowing the diff lock to fully engage. Of course when stuck in mud one wheel will likely be turning at a different speed than the other and it should easily engage.