50 hr Service

/ 50 hr Service #1  

cokeman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota T1570
I just did the first service on my BX 1500. The manual said to change the engine oil and filter, Trans oil and filter, MMM gear box oil, grease battery terminals and various grease nipples on the MMM. I also retorqued the wheel nuts.

Questions:

Should I do anything now that is not stated in the manual?

The trans capacity is 10.1 L but I had to put about 12 L in to get the fluid to come up to the proper level on the dipstick. Is that normal?

Is Premium UDT the same as Super UDT? My dealer looked a little confused when I asked for Super UDT. I bought the Premium. Has anyone else used this?

Thanks.
Dean

/ 50 hr Service #2  
I had a BX2200, then traded for a BX22 TLB last year. When I did the fluid/filter changes on both it always took more than the book said. Don't know why, but it always took more. I was thinking the capacity listed might be the actual capacity, without the filter change. Changing the filter along with the fluid would add to the over all capacity listed in the book. I asked Ronnie at Tractor Smart for the difference in trans fluids when I was ordering and was told the Super UDT works better when you might have a moisture problem. I live in Illinois and we have all four seasons, sometimes in the same weekend, so I used the Super UDT. I don't remember it costing much more, and I have never had any problems with the trans/hydralics, so I guess it works as its supposed to. Hope this helped.

/ 50 hr Service #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just did the first service on my BX 1500. The manual said to change ......MMM gear box oil............. on the MMM.)</font>

Glad you mentioned this service item, haven’t seen it talked about here and somehow I completely overlooked it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I will change mine this winter.

My dealer also sells New Holland and said they always just use the NH UDT since it is about half the price. Since they do so with apparently no ill effects it’s probably no big deal, but I decided to order and use Kubota Super UDT just to be on the safe side.

/ 50 hr Service #4  
I'm back on-line and was rereading your post when I noticed you wrote/used the term "premium fluid". I've never heard of premium UDT, and I didn't catch that when I first read the post earlier. I checked Tractorsmart.com web site for a listing under the "Kubota Lubricants" heading. All that shows is "regular UDT" and "super UDT. If you go to the home page and click on Technical Info, there is a listing for info on super UDT. On a side note. My neighbor has a L4200 GST he bought used. After about a year it didn't want to shift properly. I changed the trans fluid, (it came out dirt black) , with Super UDT and new filter and it shifts like new. Probably would have done the same with Regular UDT, but I figured his tractor sits out all year, so maybe the super UDT would be better. Hope this helps. If you find out any new info, pros and cons, etc. let us know. Gary

/ 50 hr Service
I just had a thought. I wonder if Premium UDT is the Canadian equivalent of Super UDT. It could just be a marketing thing. It cost $13.41 Canadian for a 4 L jug. That would be about nine dollars US.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Dean

/ 50 hr Service #6  
Check your hydraulic lines, make sure that they are they are not rubbing against other lines or metal. I blew a line which set me back about 1 week until another was delivered.

/ 50 hr Service #7  
<font color="blue"> "It cost $13.41 Canadian for a 4 L jug. That would be about nine dollars US."
</font>
In Texas it cost $9.62 a gallon for UDT.
3.78 L = 1 gal or 4L =1.0567 gal

So is Super UDT premium or is premium regular UDT?
Is there a Japanese to Canadian translator on the net? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 50 hr Service #8  
The regular Kubota UDT may have the word premium somewhere on the label, but Super UDT is a synthetic that offers the usual synthetic advantages over the regular: it lubricates better, flows better when cold and holds up better under hard, hot use. It's also really expensive and it's value could be debated when used in a non-HST tractor.

Charley

/ 50 hr Service #9  
I would also suggest checking the transmission strainer now rather than waiting for the 200 hr service interval. You may have to remove the left rear tire. Mine had a lot of tiny debris at 50 hrs but was clean when I did the 200 hr check. It’s easier to check when you are draining the transmission fluid anyway.

By the way, I also tapered a few wooden dowels to fit into the bolt holes of my rear hub. That made the wheel to hub alignment much easier when I put the left rear back. Something more substantial would be necessary if my tires would have been weighted though.