Touch-up paint

/ Touch-up paint #1  

Gfsimon

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910
Ok, I've searched and have yet to find a definitive answer on touch-up paint for new(er) Kubotas. I'm looking for a brush on paint like you can get for cars...a "tube" of paint with a small brush in it (although any paint I can brush on would be great!). I have had no luck with the local farm stores, auto parts places, etc. One post mentioned the old TractorByNet site as having the information, but it appears that site is no longer with us /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. Any ideas?

Jerry
<font color=orange>SE Minnesota</font color=orange>

/ Touch-up paint #2  
I haven't seen any of the companies doing that yet but it's not a bad idea. You could buy a quart of paint and a brush and have it for a lot longer.

/ Touch-up paint
Hmm, maybe I should start marketing that! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Anybody know the paint code for Kubota orange (2000 B2910)?

Jerry
<font color=orange>SE Minnesota</font color=orange>

/ Touch-up paint #4  
My dealer sells the Kubota paint in pints, quarts and spray can. I used a quart to paint my trailer to match the tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif But for touch up work I use the spray can by spraying paint into the cap then used a small hobby brush with the paint pooled in the cap to fix the scratches...

/ Touch-up paint #5  
Here's what you might be looking for... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

---
At some point in your term as an orange-colored tractor owner you will need a can of orange touch-up paint. And we all know how important a good orange match is.

Some owners found that while their tractors came with the "New Kubota Orange" from the factory, that paint doesn’t match quite the way they’d like. Over time the darker "New Kubota Orange" may fade slightly, and as one Kubota owner found out, the older, lighter orange paint matched a little better. Con comments, "I got the paint in the can to match my LA350 loader and it did not match at all…. But the can I bought to match the tractor (old orange) matched fine."

Others have good luck with the match of the new orange, as RJ Corazza mentions, "I painted my Kubota with the manufacturer's paint, and was glad I spent the extra $$. I don't know if the actual paint is any better, but it applied very well right down to the last drop in the spray can (no unsightly clumps)".

Others may take a completely different route, as Kubota Man mentions, "I don't know about it but did your paint actually match the tractor. Our Kubota Paint doesn't… due to the lack of lead in the paint. We have to use the combination of Ariens orange and Kubota orange for them to match."

Our pick for Owing Tip of the month goes to Millspring and his discovery of an alternative paint that matches perfectly: "We bought a can of Dupli-Color Chevrolet Orange, Number DE1620 at the local Wal-Mart; found it in the auto section. It is "Engine Enamel with ceramic" and "Dyno heat tested". Amazingly great match!" Also, Craig Wolter confirms the report; "I picked up a can of the Chevy orange and it appears to be a very good match on my 1998 L3600"

So with many different options, which paint will match YOUR orange-colored tractor? Well only you can find that out, but we hope this tip will help in your search for the perfect orange paint for your Kubota, or other orange-painted tractor.

Thanks to RJ Corazza, Kubota Man, Millspring, Von, and Craig Wolter for this tip!

+ Following up on the Orange paint tip, we recently received this new tip!

"Just a little tip about touch-up paint I found that is so close to the factory finish on my KUBOTA B7300 that I just bought, I thought I would pass this on to others that want to keep their machines like new and preserve the metal… I used the Equipment Orange manufactured by RUST-OLEUM #2156 HARD HAT Industrial Coatings. This paint is Fast Dry, in fact when I get ready to paint the entire tractor I will buy a whole gallon of this paint and keep what’s left to paint the attachments."  Most hardware stores and paint stores carry some lines of Rust-Oleum paints in spray cans.

From the guy who likes a shiny, new looking Tractor, Charles F Dobbs.
---

msig.gif

/ Touch-up paint #6  
My neighbor and I had this discussion the other day. I have a couple of scratches that I need to touch up. He recommended that there was a way to paint my M5400 that would cause an increase in my hp, FEL lift capacity, tractor longevity, etc. etc. etc.....for those of you seeing the green joke coming you are smarter than I was.....I asked how. He said, paint it John Deer Green and maybe it will turn into a real tractor. Ouch!

Bill Cook

/ Touch-up paint #7  
/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Well, I have seen green Kubotas... although not JD green.

msig.gif

/ Touch-up paint #8  
More good paint matches: We don't even use kubota orange paint, it's not even close. Case power red, simplicity orange(not powder orange).

/ Touch-up paint #9  
Yes, Kubmech, I too have used Case "Flambau Red" (Actually Orange) and is available in spray cans, quarts and gallons at TSC and CT Farm&Family

Steve