Bronze Member
    Tractor
    BX23

Default lesson learned

Took the BX23 out to mow the property today for the first time. While mowing the path around the pond I was shocked when the front wheels suddenly jumped 3 feet in the air then slammed to the ground. After getting my heart started again and changing my un-mentionables I figured out that the one shouldn't mow in the woods with the ROPS up!! Lesson learned.... no damage except to my ego. Oh, and the offending tree is now on the wood pile. Sure love the BX23!!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Default Re: lesson learned

IMO, the lesson learned wasn't that you should lower the ROPS, but that you should not try to go under limbs that are too low. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] To me, you should always have the ROPS up, IMO.

I agree that the ROPS gets in the way, but better to be stopped as you were, than to have it folded when it would be truly needed for a roll-over.

Had to at least offer the lesson that I learned from your experience. I don't mean to downplay your experience. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT

At least you now know for sure that the roll bar is firmly attached! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    Don't feel too bad, I'll soon be posting photo's of mine on its side with 2 wheels in a trench! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Charley

northeast penna. susquehanna county near the NY border
    Tractor
    BX23

Now your next lesson will be PUT IT DOWN before entering garage. thats the mistake I made. For the life of me I could not get it in to the garage, even tried twice!! DUH !!! I had to laugh in the end it was funny!! Good Luck Have fun may the orange god be with you!!

Eric P.

Tractor
    Kubota BX23

I wedged mine into garage door frame had to let the air out rear tires just to pull pins so I could fold it down [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]