Nice thing about Kubota Credit

/ Nice thing about Kubota Credit #1  

JoeR

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030HSTC
Let me give you some background which leads into my story of Kubota's kindness for those impacted by the hurricanes:

I received a letter from Ford Motor Credit offering payment deferrments for those affected by the hurricane plague. I said to myself how nice since numerous people have been financially impacted. With two hurricanes some people paid their deductible twice. For some that was in excess of $10,000. I sat down and realized how much I spent replacing groceries (twice for two hurricanes), buying plywood, repairing fences and the barn and I didn't have severe property damage. My expenses were into the thousands. Don't even think FEMA is a help to the general public... I don't know where the billions go, but I don't know one person who has received any assistance (rich or poor). Overall, all of us have felt some sort of impact and it is nice to know some of the large companies are willing to give you a small break to get over the financial hump.

Anyway, I make a call to Kubota Credit yesterday and asked if they were offering any deferrment. They told me they would forward my question to their supervisor and that I would probably receive a call next week. I said, no problem since the hurricanes, things have started to go in slow motion. Within 24 hours, my phone rings and it is the supervisor telling me they just sent out some letters to people about this and they were sympathetic and could offer 1 or 2 month deferrement. I said that's wonderful and kind since they really are not obligated to do anything. That little break is sometimes just enough to get the finances back in order. They simply allow you to move the payments to the end of the contract.

I am glad to see Ford and Kubota have good corporate citizenship.

As for my homeowner's insurance company, that's a whole different story. Nothing worse than a lousy insurance company in time of need! Unfortunately, my co-workers who have the same insurance company had nothing good to say and that is enough to make me change.

/ Nice thing about Kubota Credit #2  
That's good they did that. Nice to know.
I do wonder if you will be able to get homeowners insurance with ANY carrier at this point. In the insurance business that area is pretty close to being considered too high risk for doing business. I don't agree with that, but I am not the insurance company.
My idea of an insurance company has always been peopel pay into a pot and when someone has a covered incident the pot pays for it. The insurance company manages the pot and makes a little profit to take care of overhead and keep the business viable. Unfortunately, this seems to be a money-making venture to clean out people's pockets rather than provide value.

Perhaps I just have a starry-eyed view of this.
Good luck with your insurance carrier.

Chris

/ Nice thing about Kubota Credit #3  
In regard to insurance, they even go one step further. A few years ago the insurance compainies wouldn't issue you a hurricane/flood policy once a hurricane entered the gulf of mexico. I found out from a couple of friends, that they won't even give you liability insurance on a car if there is a storm approaching. How about them apples, they won't even give you insurance that doesn't cover flood damage if there's a storm approaching.
Then there's the "Hurricane Deductable" an additional amount you have to pay if you have Hurricane / Flood insurance and are actually damaged by the Hurricane or Flood.
What is the point of paying insurance if they won't cover what you have insured. Now the insurance companies will only write a fixed number of hurricane policies per year, and you'd better get yours pretty quick before they're all gone!
I dropped all my hurricane insurance and will take my chances with the storms. After all I still have fire insurance.

/ Nice thing about Kubota Credit
I pay over $700/yr for Homeowner's insurance. That's more than my car! The state of FL has a "CAT" (Catastrophic) fund that was established after Andrew. This is a fund the state setup for the insurance companies!! If the insurance company exceeds 4.2 billion in expenses for a disaster, then the State of FL uses this fund to offset the insurance companies losses!!!!!! Somehow the insurance companies got the State of Florida to give them insurance! Otherwise, the powerful insurance companies threatened to stop writing policies in FL. Ridiculous! These companies have made so much money for so many years, and the moment it is time to pay up, they cry. Numerous insurnace companies use our premiums to invest in the stock market.

Go into any major city, and look at some of the largest buildings. Most of them have an insurance company name plastered on it. They know how to make money. In the State of Florida, they can't lose since the State will offset any of their losses. Therefore, I pay a premium and my tax dollars support the industry. No wonder why doctors can't practice since the insurance companies control them too!

Sorry for the rant... Sore topic for me.

Joe

/ Nice thing about Kubota Credit #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I pay over $700/yr for Homeowners insurance. That's more than my car! )</font>

I only wished that I paid that little for my homeowners policy and my car cost more than you homeowners policy. Have not had a homeowners policy claim in 20 years and no auto related chargeable accident in over 30 years. I did collect when my car was rear ended by an under-insured driver once and I still have the same insurance carrier. Insurance is expensive in the North East even with a good record.

/ Nice thing about Kubota Credit #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I pay over $700/yr for Homeowner's insurance. That's more than my car!)</font>

Eh, I pay almost $2400 for homeowners and over $1100 for car insurance (I drive a 16 year old Toyota pickup). I'd love to pay $700/year for homeowners.

I agree though, most insurance companies down here are just sleaze balls. Unless that's not what you meant, in which case, my opinion is that most insurance companies down here are a bunch of sleaze balls.

/ Nice thing about Kubota Credit #7  
Pacific NW comparison:
$1300 a year for 1 year old car and 13 year old PU

$330 a year for house insurance

40 miles from the big city of Portland

/ Nice thing about Kubota Credit
Yes, I dislike the insurance companies. The price difference between homes in FL is based on the year of build, construction (block or wood), ISO Fire rating (distance from fire station) and the amount insured. My current home was built in 2001, made of block with poured walls, and meets the 120mph inland wind rating. Homes built before hurricane Andrew and that are wood frame would pay the most. My old house was 1,000 sqft, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, built before Andrew, insured for $80,000 and I paid $700/yr. In 1991 my original homeowner's insurance policy was $140/yr for this house.

In the New England area, you probably have homes that are insured for more, and lots of taxes added to the policy.

/ Nice thing about Kubota Credit #9  
Yep, Joe, I wish our insurance was as cheap as yours. I've heard that Texas has the highest rates in the nation, and I'm paying $580 a year right now on a $25,000 mobile home.

/ Nice thing about Kubota Credit #10  
Yep, my house in Duluth GA (Atlanta area) runs $420/year for insurance. My same Toyota pickup, when it was insured there, was alot less. I paid $480/year for my pickup, a Jeep CJ7, a 1988 5.0 Mustang, and a Yamaha motorcycle.