BX2200 air filter strap

/ BX2200 air filter strap #1  

dlr920

Tractor
BX2200
Well at approx 1year and 137 hours I have joined the club of broken straps. Was cutting yard today when things got a little noisy and checked under the hood and sure enough the strap had broken! Called dealer and told dealer about problem and parts man claimed to never had heard about this problem with others. Explained the many posts on this forum and gave him the part number provided by previous posts on TBN. He said that it is the first one he had ever heard of and that it was not to bad for just $21.70 and I said that it will be even better free. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif He said he would have to call Kubota on 20th and see if anything has been put out as a service bulletin. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif In the mean time some heavy duty tiewraps hold it in place and a little patience as I await their answer.

/ BX2200 air filter strap #2  
<font color="blue"> He said he would have to call Kubota on 20th and see if anything has been put out as a service bulletin. </font>

Regardless if there is a service bulletin or not, if the tractor is in the warranty period and the strap broke...it is a no brainer really...isn't it ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Don't expect you will have any problems getting a free replacement...hope not...

/ BX2200 air filter strap #3  
Well dlr, my 2nd one broke a couple of days ago. I have about 250 hours on my BX. The last replacement was the same lame strap that came with it. If there is an upgrade, I hope I can convince the dealer to get me one.

/ BX2200 air filter strap
When I spoke with parts man he made a comment that there was two different part numbers listed, I looked here on TBN and found where Carver had given an upgraded part number of "K2561-98210" and I believe an individual on the site also confirmed that the part number was correct and listed all the individual parts that came with the kit.

/ BX2200 air filter strap #6  
I know this isn't a critical part by any means but do you think Kubota doesn't know of this issue?? They changed the strap configuration on the 2230 for heavens sake. And the mechanic I just find it hard to imagine he didn't know either.