I think I threw they key in the burn pile!!

/ I think I threw they key in the burn pile!! #11  
I understood that most L keys fit most L tractors and most B keys fit most B tractors, etc. If so, you probably just need a BX key. If the price is cheap enough, it's worth a try.

Steve

/ I think I threw they key in the burn pile!! #12  
BASICALY. they are all the same, nothing but an on and off switch. don't that make you feel secure? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I think I threw they key in the burn pile!! #13  
There are only a few key variations out there. The Kubota key will work in other tractors too, and vica versa. Not all Kubota keys work on all models(again, there are a few variations), but most will.

If you do have to leave your tractor, start pulling fuses, block it with locked trailer, ect.

/ I think I threw they key in the burn pile!! #14  
<font color="blue"> I drove over my mobile phone</font>

Did the ring sound flat afterwards /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I think I threw they key in the burn pile!! #15  
Nope.
1 hit with the bx23 and it remained quiet....permenantly...

/ I think I threw they key in the burn pile!! #16  
I've only seen two different kubota keys: one that works in the smaller tractors (like the BX) and one that works in the larger ones (like the L). It actually works out well, since we have an L2850 and an L3250 at work, so instead of finding the right key, we just need a kubota key.
As a side note, the John Deere equipment we have have three key types, with the older quipment having one type (which I think may be the same key for some of Deere's heavy equipment), the newer equipment having another, and the 1050 tractor having a key I have seen on other JD tractors. I can start the 1050 with a house key though, but I found a masterlock key works better.
All the Toro equipment has the same key, from a snow blower to the $60,000 wide area rotery mower

/ I think I threw they key in the burn pile!! #17  
I can order about 12 different keysl that will enable me to operate virtually any tractor. Really secure. btw, I changed my ignition switch to a universal type that has an individual key after finding this out.

Had a friend who needed to use my tractor for a little job, I said "here, let me give you the key" He quickly said he had one and drove off before I could say anything, Came back later and sheepishly asked for the key /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hmm wonder if I can get an insurence discount ?

/ I think I threw they key in the burn pile!! #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Nope.
1 hit with the bx23 and it remained quiet....permenantly... )</font>

That's the way ALL mobile phones should be - forever silenced!
I'd love to chop a pile of those things and send 'em all to hell!