Technical Question

/ Technical Question #1  

BigE

Tractor
Kubota B7300
I did the 50 hr service on my B7300 this weekend, The manual shows draining the trans fluid in 4 spots, under both axles, under mid PTO and bottom of front trans case. My question is. How does the oil get back into the front trans case? It must get in there some how as I've put 8 hrs on it since and it didn't burn up.

/ Technical Question #2  
The front trans. case is open to the differential case so the fluid passes freely between the two.
Brian

/ Technical Question #3  
Did you refill the front axle with 90w gear oil? It sounds like you drained the front differential and transfer case, but did not refill them. I'm not sure about the 7300, but on the 2710, there is a separate yellow dipstick/filler plug on the right side of the front axle. Failing to refill this would not affect the transmission, but would greatly affect the front differential, especially in 4wd. Perhaps it is running fine for now, but if this is the case, you are taking many hours of life off of the drivetrain for every hour you operate it this way. Maybe your manual was indicating that you should change the fluid for all of these locations, even though you need to fill different reservoirs when you are through. I hope I am all wrong on this one.

PaulT

/ Technical Question #4  
BigE is referring to the front transmission housing (located behind the clutch). (You are thinking of the front axle.) It's attached to the engine and has a driveshaft from its output to the input of the Hydrostat. It is the link between the engine and the hydro. There are two or three gears that live in there that lower the 'driveline' so the B7300 can have a flat platform.

I wondered the same thing untill I studied the WSM. For a long time I was still unclear about the oil flow to those front gears.

It's all clear as Super UDT now!

Steve

/ Technical Question #5  
Thanks for clearing that up for me, Steve. I am sure glad I'm wrong, since 14 hours on a dry diff. would not be very friendly to the gears. Now I have one more piece of info as I get smarter about my new machine.

PaulT