Backhoe Unable to release BX23 backhoe mount lever

/ Unable to release BX23 backhoe mount lever #1  

Nik

Gold Member
Tractor
B3030 Kubota HST
Tried to unhook the backhoe of my BX23 for the first time. Follwed the directions closely but I can not budge the mount lever forward to release the setpins. I lifted the tractor rear wheels with the boom as per instructions but still could not get the lever to move. I even varied the height of the rear tires being lifted off the ground. I am removing the backhoe on a fairly level plywood floor of a small barn. What tips do you have? Is the lever supposed to be pushed forward with some force or do I need to be precise in how much I lift the rear tires off the floor to unload the setpin for it to release? Also do you keep the tractor in neutral without the brakes on? Thank you for your help? I will update my profile as I sold my B2410 for a BX23.

/ Unable to release BX23 backhoe mount lever #2  
Did you remove the pins first? I just checked my BH on my BX22 and the only thing I can think of is that or the slides are sticking on something?

/ Unable to release BX23 backhoe mount lever
yes I did remove the snap pins from the set pins. The mount lever feels stuck. Should it be very easy to move the mount lever?

/ Unable to release BX23 backhoe mount lever #4  
I also had a problem with my levers on one side they had to replace it because I could not move it either I was useing a rubber mallet to open it and close it until I had to bring the machine back to the dealer for a 50 hr service so my guess is they are bad like the one I had call your dealer

Marc
Southen NH

BX-23
54" Deck
Bagger
60" Rear Blade

/ Unable to release BX23 backhoe mount lever #5  
Nik, I've had similar problems with one side of my BX-22. It has been that way from the beginning. For me the solution is to use WD-40 or something similar plus sweet talking the lever with a small sledge hammer. I have had the BH off & on probably 15-20 times. The lever on the left side is always OK. The one on the right always takes a little extra love & care.

Hope it works for you.

/ Unable to release BX23 backhoe mount lever #6  
If you have to use anything more than some WD40 on it, it is defective. I wouldn't be using any form of brute force on it at all. It is a new machine and like anything new, it can have problems. Let the dealer fix it correctly now. You might get it off and not be able to get it back on. Mine works smoothly and with out any effort at all. Just like Kubota designed it.

/ Unable to release BX23 backhoe mount lever #7  
Like Junkmans, both my levers move easily. I have found that putting the bucket on the floor then curling the bucket out, or down against the floor makes the levers work more freely. You may want to try that. I do not put the legs down at all until I have the pins/levers pulled back. I think if one puts too much pressure upwards on the pins then it may bind the levers,(ie: the wheels off the ground)

/ Unable to release BX23 backhoe mount lever #8  
I have, on occasion, had to use a dead-blow hammer to release them, but I found that often it was because I wasn't in a horizontally level area. The more I use the machine, however, the easier they have become...but that takes time since I don't use the 'hoe all that often.

The suggestion to play with the controls is also a good one and has worked for me, too.

/ Unable to release BX23 backhoe mount lever
Tried again but could not budge the mount lever. I will try curling the bucket and may even try a rubber mallet.

/ Unable to release BX23 backhoe mount lever #10  
that is weird. Mine are like trying to pick up a washer in motor oil....moves very easy.