Do you have chain hooks welded to your BX loader ?

/ Do you have chain hooks welded to your BX loader ? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( An aftermarket hook that could be put on without welding would probably sell pretty well. )</font>

Everyone to his own preference, but I put mine on with the square U-bolts; just drilled two small holes at the top each end of the bucket for them so I could turn them back out of the way when I put my forks on.

/ Do you have chain hooks welded to your BX loader ? #12  
I used a Jeep-style tow hook with 2 pieces of additional 3/16" steel for extra stiffness in the mounting area (top center of FEL)

Attachments

• 500165-lifting hook1.jpg
    500165-lifting hook1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 425
   / Do you have chain hooks welded to your BX loader ? #13  
Mine are still in the bin at the wholesalers, waiting for me to get the welder from TSC I guess, and get the extra metal angle and weld them on.

But I am sure interested in what you have in mind Junkman. With your experience and engineering, I may just wait and see.

/ Do you have chain hooks welded to your BX loader ? #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I used a Jeep-style tow hook with 2 pieces of additional 3/16" steel for extra stiffness in the mounting area (top center of FEL) )</font>

SeymoreBota, I may use that idea to add a center hook for convenience...a welder is not in my tool arsinal since it's not likely I'd use it much for woodworking!

/ Do you have chain hooks welded to your BX loader ? #15  
The tow hook ensemble, bolts and all, cost $6 at the local auto parts store. You do need a good, sharp 1/2 inch drill though!!!!

/ Do you have chain hooks welded to your BX loader ? #16  
Junkman,
I just had a buddy of mine weld hooks on my bx2230 with a LA211 loader. Mine are mounted just as yours are. I found Allis chalmers paint to be a very good match to Kubota orange. My hooks are 3/16".

Good luck with your idea:)

/ Do you have chain hooks welded to your BX loader ? #17  
I copied what Phred posted. Ordered hooks from Harbor Freight - - drilled holes, no welding.

Attachments

• 500295-Hooks2 (2).JPG
    500295-Hooks2 (2).JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 356
   / Do you have chain hooks welded to your BX loader ? #18  
Junkman,
My installation looks like yours with the exception that the 2 outer hooks are angled in at a 45 deg. angle. 3x3 angle, and 3 weld on grab hooks. The dealer did my install before delivery and they removed the level indicator because they said it was useless any way. I don't know if it works or not because I never had it.

I do like the grab hooks much better than the regular round towing hooks.

A good friend of mine has a 4310 with hooks welded directly to the bucket. His bucket is all bent up and looks terrible. To the point that he is thinking of replacing it. I have pulled some huge trees out of the woods my BX and my bucket is still straight as can be. Although It is loosing paint rapidly.

/ Do you have chain hooks welded to your BX loader ?
Dan and others..... If you are going to be welding hooks on your tractor loader bucket, try to use the flat bottom hooks and hold them approximately 3 1/2" from the ends of the bucket. I don't want to go into detail quite yet, but I will say that I have to remove mine and relocate them for the project that I am working on. Hopefully within a month I can let everyone in on the secret. Thanks for all the responses and pictures. This will go a long way to helping us in design parameters.

/ Do you have chain hooks welded to your BX loader ? #20  
What are you up to now???

I can't wait until I can retire. But then again it sounds like a lot of work. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey does your wife's car fit in the garage yet? My wife's doesn't yet either!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif