Grapples on the B2910

/ Grapples on the B2910 #1  

Rolando

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series
Is anyone using a grapple, either bucket mounted or root grapple, with the LA402 loader and the B2910?

I'm wondering how well it's working for you, capacity and operation wise, and how you set up the control of the grapple.

Links to info on the grapples you're using would also be great.

/ Grapples on the B2910
Wow, not a single person . . .

/ Grapples on the B2910 #3  
I'm not currently, but I plan on building one (once I get the dump bed for the running gear and the logsplitter done /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )

/ Grapples on the B2910 #4  
Rolando

I know that the ATI grapple that I have would fit the LA402 but I don't know what the weight is and how that would affect the capabilities. It is a great tool though.

Vernon

/ Grapples on the B2910 #5  
There was a discussion about this not even two weeks ago. Search and you should find it. Bottom line, its not a great idea. The grapple itself is rather heavy and will not leave you with enough lift to really be effective.

/ Grapples on the B2910 #6  
Rolando
I did not reply because I wanted to see others responses.
Since not many have replied I'll post what I did for my 402.
Click Here
Follow the tread for more information.
Here is another thread from just 3 days ago.
Click Here

/ Grapples on the B2910
Ron,
Did you consider getting a grapple that would mount on the FEL directly as opposed to mounting on the bucket, such as a root grapple? Could that have saved some weight?

You mentioned in the other thread that you installed a separate valve under your loader valve. Does this mean you control the loader with one hand while you work the grapple with the other hand? Are you satisfied with that arrangement? I can see that set-up would let you work the FEL and the grapple simultaneously.

I was reading on another thread about installing a diverter button so that the up-down control of the FEL would work the grapple when the button was pushed. As I understand it, you can't use the sideways bucket dump control since that control has the regenerative thing that would prevent the grapple from opening (or closing?). What do you think about that type of control set-up?

/ Grapples on the B2910 #8  
<font color="blue">Did you consider getting a grapple that would mount on the FEL directly as opposed to mounting on the bucket, such as a root grapple? </font>
I did. But after talking to Carver Equipment. They felt the the full root grapple would be to heavy for the 402 loader.

<font color="blue"> Does this mean you control the loader with one hand while you work the grapple with the other hand? </font>
No, they are both mounted on the right hand side of tractor.
Here is a link to a thread showing how I mounted the valves and QD's.
Valves and fittings
There are 6 or more pictures.

<font color="blue"> What do you think about that type of control set-up? </font>
I never gave it a thought since I was able to get th 3 extra valves at a good price.
Others have used the diverter valves and like the setup.