BX 3 point sprayer

/ BX 3 point sprayer
What size boom does Yours Have Danny?

/ BX 3 point sprayer #12  
I believe that it will cover about 6 feet per pass. It also has a wand on it that I use alot in places where I want to target. It works great for me.

/ BX 3 point sprayer #13  
I have a 12v, 25 gallon pull behind sprayer too - boom is 6'? and has the hand wand. I wired the 12v pump into the wires that are under the BX's seat, also put a switch in-line. It worked well for me too, but I wanted to cover more area faster. Plus the 3pt version gives better manueverability around trees, etc. The hand wand is a nice feature to have; I'm planning to add a wand to the 3pt sprayer one of these days.

I don't think that front weights are req'd. You could put your front blade mount on the tractor for more front ballast.

/ BX 3 point sprayer #14  
It took we awhile, but I finally took some pictures. The tank is 25 gallons, from Northern Tool. The structural frame was made a little larger so I can mount a larger tank if ever necessary. The structural framing for the sprayer is made from 2" square tube I had around my shop. The wheel idea came from someone elses photo's on TBN. They're great for moving the sprayer around when being stored.

Attachments

• 502993-tractor sprayer (512 x 384).jpg
    502993-tractor sprayer (512 x 384).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 447
   / BX 3 point sprayer #15  
Here's a close up photo of the PTO pump. I also use the pump for watering some recent planting near my pond. I put "Cam and Groove" couplers on the pump and hoses. This helps facilitate hooking things up and allows the two lines to be coupled together when not in use to prevent debris in the lines. The pump is a Hypro 6500 from TSC.

Attachments

• 502997-pump (600 x 450).jpg
    502997-pump (600 x 450).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 340
   / BX 3 point sprayer #16  
Here'a a view of the plumbing side. The backpressure relief valve and gauge are accessible from the tractor seat. It also works as the agitator. Currently, I only run an 80" boom with 4 nozzles. I plan to add a tee and have a hand sprayer for spraying fence lines etc.

Attachments

• 502999-plumbing (512 x 384).jpg
    502999-plumbing (512 x 384).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 570
   / BX 3 point sprayer #17  
Here's a photo of the 80" boom. It's attached with some brackets with wing nuts, so it can be removed for storage. The nozzles came from TSC.

Attachments

• 503000-boom view.jpg
    503000-boom view.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 448
   / BX 3 point sprayer
Thanks ever so much to Everyone for the replies, I really do appreciate the information.

I am currently "in the hunt" for a Sprayer, even emailed Demco this morning and they are sending me some information. Hopefully I can get one soon.

The smallest the local TSC had was one with a 55 gallon tank.
I was even offered a Demo model by Fimco for $800.00( I thought was high for a Fimco)

/ BX 3 point sprayer #19  
This is a 15 gal sprayer that I originally built for the back of my 1970 JD 110. It is based on a wand sprayer built for mounting on the racks of ATVs. Added a 2 way valve and boom with 4 nozzles to cover a 10' swath. The boom is divided into 3 with the outside sections pivoting on a spring loaded hinge for storage or to prevent damage if something is hit. The pump is electric and controlled from a switch mounted on the fender and connected to the worklight wiring under the seat. One fill will cover about 1 acre.

Have since modified this to mount on the 3 pt on my B7500. Could carry a larger tank on this tractor but can't justify the expence as only have 2 acres to spray.

Attachments

• 504460-Sprayer on 3 pt - small.jpg
    504460-Sprayer on 3 pt - small.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 428
   / BX 3 point sprayer
Well I finally got a quote from Pk Manufacturing .

It was $1238.00 + $215.00 freight from Omaha, Nebraska.
A good looking unit with a Hy-Pro 6500 xl pump and adapter. trigger type wand and a valve to isolate & use different combinations on the boom.
Just the way I wanted it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just a tad bit more than I want to spend /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif but It does look like a Quality Unit.