Wife finally admits "BX is a necessity"

/ Wife finally admits "BX is a necessity" #1  

BRIGUY

Gold Member
Tractor
BX 23, Wheelhorse 312-8
Wife finally admits \"BX is a necessity\"

Over the last 5 months, 90 hours, and many projects Mrs. BRIGUY has been warming up to the little beast. At times she has been almost impressed with what it can do.

But today was the day, she actually spoke endearingly of BX with excitement and a gleam in her eye.

You see we have several very tall windows on the front of our house (cathedral ceiling) That we both hate cleaning. It requires using a ladder in the landscaping (plastic under mulch and or round stone) Today I picked her up in the bucket and she was able to clean all the windows in record time with out making me set up an eight foot step ladder and a short extension ladder set on ply wood. Pain in the butt process just to clean windows.

How she is definitely in love with the BX. The plus for me was that I got the best of both worlds. I got spend some time sitting in one of my favorite seats while starring at my other favorite seat.

Does this count as double butt time??? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Wife finally admits "BX is a necessity" #2  
Re: Wife finally admits \"BX is a necessity\"

<font color="blue"> Does this count as double butt time??? </font>

<font color="black">Sounds a bit "cheeky" to me. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Or should I say double "cheeky"? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Don

/ Wife finally admits "BX is a necessity" #3  

Just don't let the TBN Safety Police find out that you lifted your wife in the bucket. There will be untold number of posts as to how unsafe that its. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Wife finally admits "BX is a necessity" #4  

You can get window mop/squeegee combo tools from Lowes /Home Depot that are designed to screw onto standard paint roller handles. Get one of those plus a telescoping handle and you should be in business.

Working at heights from within a loader bucket is something I'd expect to see in Korea. Not here.

Please be safe.

regards,

Mahlon

/ Wife finally admits "BX is a necessity"

Just a couple of retorts.

The top of the window is arched 1/2 circle. A squeegee works well on the lower panes of glass but its difficult to do a good job on the arched portion. It's very visible on the inside of the house.

As far as the safety issue goes. I'm on the safety committee at the power plant I work for, and my brother is a personal injury attorney, so I am very aware of cause and affect. Funny thing about safety equipment, is that performing an operation using every safety device under the sun expecting it to keep you safe with out analyzing what your dangers are. Is actually less safe than using nothing and thinking things through, analyzing your risks and acting accordingly.

However, I in no way condone the lack of Safety equipment when required.

Sorry if I set a bad example. I would feel terrible if someone followed in my foot steps and got injured. I'm afraid That I might read in the safety thread that someone read my post and decided to give their child a ride in their bucket and they got hurt.

So for the record while my wife was in the bucket she was wearing a body harness, equipped with double lanyard, fastened to a sky hook. To prevent her from falling 5 feet (tie off requirement is usually 6 feet) into a pile of deadly mulch.

/ Wife finally admits "BX is a necessity" #6  

Was the skyhook approved by OSHA for human lift? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Wife finally admits "BX is a necessity" #7  

It was hooked to the full moon... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Wife finally admits "BX is a necessity"

I had to use a sky hook (crane) on one site in LA. Tie off requirement was 1 foot, and the equipment I was doing the start-up on was free standing. (No building) That week there wasn't enough cranes to go around, and I'm sure it got pricey, so the safety team had to rescind the 1 foot rule.

/ Wife finally admits "BX is a necessity" #9  

So, I guess climbing up into the bucket and trimming trees would draw the ire of the safety cops, huh?
(not that I have ever done that...)

(after all, I do have non-skid safety tape on the loader arms)

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Wife finally admits "BX is a necessity" #10  

The idea is to attain some additional hight. To do this, you put the machine in the back of the pick up and drive under the tree. Then you have an assistant lift the loader bucket while you are in the bucket with the chain saw going full speed. If it is a hot day, remove all but neccessary clothing. It will be easier to dress the wounds later ... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif