MMM on BX1500; height and noise

/ MMM on BX1500; height and noise #1  

AKFord

Thanks to everyone who replied to my last post about the MMM on my 1500; I removed the rear blade and raised the hydraulic lever which raised the MMM just slightly, the height is now about 4" exactly from the ground to the bottom of the deck which according to the Kubota specs on their web site the MMM should be 4.75" off the ground. I cannot see any problems with the linkage so I will keep looking. However, I don't know if the PTO is supposed to be engaged when the MMM is in the raised position, but I did it anyway. I have never run an MMM or even heard one running so maybe the vibration and racket it normal but I was thinking it would be fairly quiet and smooth or maybe it quiets down once lowered? I shut the whole thing off for fear that something was damaged but I cannot find anything wrong. Is it normal for the BX MMMs to make some racket when operating? when operating raised? or should there be practically no noise at all? Thanks for any input!! Everyone's time is much appreciated!

/ MMM on BX1500; height and noise #2  
I have a 60" MMM on my BX2200 and it does make some noise if you have it raised, due to the height of the MMM off the ground. Once you lower it and begin to mow, then you will only hear a little noise from the deck. Now on the other hand, if you hear metal on metal sound then you got something loose and better shut down and check it it. Another thing is to make sure that you are at idle before you engage the PTO. Some people do not think that this makes a different but I prefer this method as it puts less stress on the belts trying to get up to the speed of the PTO.
Just go out and try this method and like I said, unless you hear metal on metal, then you should be ok.

Don

/ MMM on BX1500; height and noise #3  
I believe that the measurements are taken at the tips of the cutting blade and that the number on the plastic knob refer to cutting hight. If the deck measures 4" from the ground in the full up dimension, then it would be cutting at approximately 4 3/4". Check the spindles to make sure that they are full of grease. Many are shipped out by dealers without filling the spindles with grease. Also check the lube in the MMM gear box.

/ MMM on BX1500; height and noise #4  
My BX1500 had the subframe adjusted wrong. The procedure in the manual is pretty clear as to the proper adjustment. The Top position is seperate from the mower adjustments.

/ MMM on BX1500; height and noise #5  
I've mowed with my MMM in the top position several times and haven't had any problems. The deck is kind of noisey and vibrates some when you first engage the PTO at low RPM, but that gos away when you bring the RPM up to cutting speed. It does it at all cutting heights, not just the top one.