Kubota lights

/ Kubota lights #1  

vtkubota

Tractor
B7500 Hst
I am new to this forum but I have a question on adding working lights to my B7500. I have a 150 foot driveway and small road I plow during the winter and feel additional lights would be helpful, especially on the back of the tractor. My ROPs are foldable though and don't know if that would be a problem. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kubota lights #2  
Welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You might want to take a minute to fill out the rest of your profile, as having information regarding where you're located, or how much property you're dealing with is always helpful information when trying to answer questions. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Addding additional lights to tractors is probably one of the most common modifications that people make. There's all kinds of inventive ways guys have done this. Just go to the Customization forum and do a search for "lights", and you'll probably get enough threads to keep you reading for the rest of the week. Make sure that you do the search for longer than just 1 week. You'll see a drop down field where you can identify the length of time your search will cover.

Good luck! And of course, once you figure out what you're going to do, it is expected that you will post pictures of your modification! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota lights #3  
Several members of TBN have posted projects of adding lights to their ROPS. Very few recommend drilling into the ROPS or welding to the ROPS for fear of voiding a warrenty or future liability. Most people choose to clamp lights to the ROPS. I chose to use marine epoxy and made a simple bracket that I then epoxied to the ROPS and then I drilled into the bracket.

Beyond how you choose to mount the lights, as discussed above. You have a couple issues to deal with. #1 is the amount of current draw you will run is based on the wattage of lights you use, and that may exceed the capacity of your alternator. #2 you may need to upgrade the alternator or use the lights very sparingly. #3 if you regularly fold the ROPS, you need to make sure you have enough slack in your wiring to allow for the fold. #4 you need to decide how much work you want to put into this to make it look professional or simply to get it done and that will determine things like using waterproof switches, waterproof connectors, relays or direct switching, switch mounting locations, etc.

If you want to see what I did, take a look at the PHOTOS and pull up my photo gallery, it shows my lights and switches. I'm not saying I did it right, just that I did it my way. Lots of folks here will help you with specific questions.

/ Kubota lights #4  
I'm in the process of prepping my BX for the winter and I'm thinking about putting some Warn ATV lights on the ROPS. The package comes with a nice weather-resistant switch and harness and the lights are 35W apiece.

/ Kubota lights #5  
Welcome, fellow Vermonter!!!
I have a magnetic mount halogen spotlight that I stick to the ROPS for winter and add some duct tape to be certain it doesn't shake loose. You can find them for less than $10.00 on ebay.
Rig up a cig. lighter plug for it and you can easily remove it in the summer, when it is probably not needed.

/ Kubota lights #6  
Kubota sells a ROPS clamp-on work light designed for the BX23 (I believe that the part number is BX7330) that supposedly costs around $65 and contains all the required wiring and switch. I have not seen one yet, but the dealer was telling me about it. Apparently, some folks buy this unit to install on other model Kubotas.

Kelvin

/ Kubota lights #7  
I think just about everyone on this site did a light modification
at one time or another.Attached are a few lights that I added only after upgrading the alternator.I was one of those guys that drilled the ropes among other parts of my BX22 that I drilled.As you can see we have forward facing ropes mounted lights,rear work lights and tucked inside mounted lights.For those that are familiar with Brooklyn, NY. ,When I turn them on it looks like "Coney Island on Wheels".

Attachments

• 508573-K-17.JPG
    508573-K-17.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,879