L345DT and Front End loader

/ L345DT and Front End loader #1  

FastWestie

Hi from a Newbie.

I have just bought a Kubota L345DT in the Uk and the tractor does not come with a front end loader. Unfortunately Kubota never imported their loader (US manufactured) so the only loaders available were after market ones.

I did find one of these for sale, but it was sold by the time I got to the guy /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was thinking about adapting a loader from another tractor, but would like some photos, dimensions or drawings of the original loader in order to check I was in the correct ball park.

Alternatively if someone can just post me their spare loader I would be most grateful /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Mnay thanks

/ L345DT and Front End loader #2  
Hi - my L345DT is no longer in the neighborhood so I'm sorry to say I can't supply you with pictures or measurements.

The Kubota 1720 Loader's frame was a pretty substantial affair, attaching under the rear axles to a separate subframe, then two square tubes ran forward to the uprights (and another subframe) then formed channels extend to the front of the grille where they rest on a third subframe. None of it is designed to be removed. I think it was a US loader, made in California for Kubota.

I believe the added structural strength of the loader's frame was needed because the chassis of the tractor itself is not very massive though the middle. The individual frame weldments for each side ran the length of the tractor.

The odd feature I remember about the 1720 frame is that it did NOT attach at the sides of the engine/bell housing (where there are several large tapped holes). Many loader frames attach there on other tractors. The 1720's center frame bolts underneath instead.

P.S. - tried attaching a loader to this post, got a "can't find the bolts & nuts" error /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ L345DT and Front End loader #3  
Here is a pic of my L245DT I can get better pics if needed.

Attachments

• 509983-l245DT.JPG
    509983-l245DT.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 1,185
   / L345DT and Front End loader
Thanks for your replies guys. Any pics or info will be useful as I have nothing with the tractor. Any idea where I can get a service manual?

/ L345DT and Front End loader #5  
Here's a link to a photo of a page from Kubota's L1720 brochure. Also found a picture (attached) of a loader on an L355.

I think Kubota put different loaders on in each country - I've noticed some Canadian L345's with loaders that look quite different from the L1720. The L345 is long enough so that many loaders designed for other machines should be adaptable to it. Don't skimp on the subframe and you'll be fine.

There is a small 4-bolt cap under the left side of the seat which is where you tap into the hydraulic system. If you take off the cap, you'll see how it works. The original cap covers two holes and just reroutes the oil flow from one hole to the other. Kubota sold an "adapter" which was an aluminum block with two through holes tapped for hoses. It also had the four bolt holes, and grooves on the back for o-rings to seal the block. Pretty easy to make.

Any open-center loader valve will work. If you have a choice between loaders, go for one with smaller cylinders (maybe 2" bore). That keeps the forces reasonable and will move fast enough with the internal hydraulics - 345's don't have a very big pump. Big cylinders will mean the loader will be s-l-o-w and will lift more than the tractor can handle.

Regarding manuals, the Intertec shop manual was adequate - and when combined with the Kubota Illustrated Parts List there was nothing left to guess.

Good luck - Dick B

Attachments

• 511536-L355 Loader.jpg
    511536-L355 Loader.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,110
   / L345DT and Front End loader #6  
FastWestie,

I have a 1985 Kubota L345DT. I have a loader, it is a kubota L1720.

Tibzy