Unintended benefit of BX rear remotes......

/ Unintended benefit of BX rear remotes...... #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
I removed the back hoe last week and it settled to the ground. The new rear remotes make it very easy to get it mounted again.....

Attachments

• 509443-MVC-020S.JPG
    509443-MVC-020S.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 659
   / Unintended benefit of BX rear remotes......
With the rear remotes providing a little extra length to the hoses, it is easy to hook it up now and no worry about tearing the hoses...

Attachments

• 509444-MVC-019S.JPG
    509444-MVC-019S.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 608
   / Unintended benefit of BX rear remotes...... #3  
While I can see that the slightly longer hoses make for a little easier operation, my BH sits flat all the time when off the tractor (supposed to be that way from what I was told by the dealer) and I have not had any issues with re-attaching it other than skillfully backing the tractor to "just the right spot" for the hook up!! But then again, anything that makes something easier is a good thing in my book...and your illustration is in that catagory.

/ Unintended benefit of BX rear remotes...... #4  
One question for you junkman. That tow ball, does it require drilling to mount it? If no, I'm going to run up to Ace hardware and buy a standard 3/4" thread ball. If yes, I'm going to wait for the sticker shock to wear off before I drill anything. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Unintended benefit of BX rear remotes......
The hole is already in the plate. Handy for when I have to move the trailer around the property.

/ Unintended benefit of BX rear remotes...... #6  
Hi Everyone..When my dealer dropped off /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif the BX23, he showed me how easy it was to remove and reattach the rear backhoe. I think it looked simple because the tractor was in the same spot. Should one mark the ground on the left and right sides of the rear outer tires to aid in re-aligning tractor to make hooking up the backhoe easier.

Jim - 8hours

/ Unintended benefit of BX rear remotes...... #7  
Jim, flat and level is probably more important than "in the exact spot".

/ Unintended benefit of BX rear remotes...... #8  
The backhoe at first, I thought was going to be a pain to re-attach. However, after doing it a few times, the backhoe for me is actually the quickest and easiest to mount/dismount. I find the loader to take the most time. The engineer who set-up the backhoe mount should get a years vacation from Kubota. It is so simple, and super strong.

/ Unintended benefit of BX rear remotes...... #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I find the loader to take the most time. )</font>

This is interesting as I find the FEL comes off and on in about two minutes or less in either direction for me. In the beginning I had some trouble, but that ended when I began to visualize how the FEL controls actually moved the arms during the process...now it's on and off lickety-split.