Way different than my garden tractor

/ Way different than my garden tractor #1  

jam2004

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2230
I just got my new BX 2230 delivered today. Holy smokes! It's got a lot more going on than my JD garden tractor. The guy who delivered it was real nice, but it took him a long time to reattach the FEL after he took it off (on soggy, uneven turf). Rear blade seemed involved as well. I guess it's gonna take some time in the saddle before I can remove and reattach the FEL and blade in quick order. Any tips or tricks to make it easier?

/ Way different than my garden tractor #2  
The best thing you can do is remove your FEL on smooth, flat concrete. It is a piece of cake, less than 5 minutes on and off. Get it on uneven or soft ground, and it becomes very difficult. (at least for me it has)

Same for the blade, take it off on level ground. put a stand under it, like a cement block or something to help when you try to reattach it. Some guys take their implements of and put them on a dolly. This makes it easier to position it when trying to put it back on.

/ Way different than my garden tractor #3  
Several posts about the struggle to attach rear equipment on the lift arms, especially when the tractor is new, the paint on the balls in the end of the arms makes it hard also. There are two things you can do to make it really easy to hook up the 3PH. The telescoping stabilizer links that replace the turnbuckles is about a $60 modification and the Pats Easy Change that you can order here on the site. A couple of quick pics and you can search the site and find a lot more info. Enjoy the new machine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 513197-link-1.jpg
    513197-link-1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 276
   / Way different than my garden tractor #5  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( There are two things you can do to make it really easy to hook up the 3PH. The telescoping stabilizer links that replace the turnbuckles is about a $60 modification and the Pats Easy Change that you can order here on the site. )</font>

Absolutely!! The Pat's system is great...I just installed it on my BX22's 3pt and I did the stablizer arms a long time ago. Interestingly enough, the former almost makes the latter un-necessary if for some reason all the implements have the same spacing. (it would be nirvana if that's possible!)

As to the FEL removal/install...it's just a matter of practice and as stated, an appropriate surface. Flat and level is most important. 'Doesn't matter to me if it's on stone, turf or whatever, it's now a two minute max operation in either direction. As I've stated a few times recently, the key is to understand how the thing will move when you manipulate the controls...

/ Way different than my garden tractor
There are two things you can do to make it really easy to hook up the 3PH. The telescoping stabilizer links that replace the turnbuckles is about a $60 modification and the Pats Easy Change that you can order here on the site.

Are the"telescoping stabilizer links" the same thing as the stabilizer bar option that Pat's offers? If not, how do they differ and where can I get them?

/ Way different than my garden tractor
<font color="blue"> </font>
Are the"telescoping stabilizer links" the same thing as the stabilizer bar option that Pat's offers? If not, how do they differ and where can I get them? )</font>

Also, if I only plan to use one rear implement (blade), will Pat's product be enough?

/ Way different than my garden tractor #8  
( Are the"telescoping stabilizer links" the same thing as the stabilizer bar option that Pat's offers? If not, how do they differ and where can I get them?

Nope and the Pat's stablizer bar is not really usable on implements that use the PTO. The stablizer link mod is the replacment of the turnbuckle system with the telescoping link stablizers from a B2710...about sixty bucks. There have been numerous threads about this here on TBN. Picture attached so you can compare to what's on your BX now.

Attachments

• 513497-DSCN1917.jpg
    513497-DSCN1917.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 209
   / Way different than my garden tractor #9  
just make up some dollys, so u can move and position the implement as needed. makes it a whole lot easier to do.

/ Way different than my garden tractor #10  
Re: Way different than my garden tractor [Re: jam2004]
#513197 - 10/15/04 09:15 AM Attachment (73 downloads) Edit Reply Quote

above is what the header of each post looks like, click on the "Attachment" portion of earlier post and you will see a picture of the rear of the tractor and the three point hitch. You can compare that picture to what your hitch looks like.
The stabilizer links are not the same as the stabilizer bar that Pat sells, that is just an adjustable spacer rod that holds the arms at the right distance apart to hook up attachment.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• 513562-bar orientation.jpg
    513562-bar orientation.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 239