Position of BH, FEL, stabilizer when done

/ Position of BH, FEL, stabilizer when done #1  

Tractor_Jim_CT

Silver Member
Tractor
BX23
Looking for a few thoughts on the position BX22-BX23 users put their attachments in when done working. Does it matter if the stabilizer legs, back hoe and FEL are resting on the ground? My thought is leaving the backhoe curled up and in and the stabilizer legs up leaves more pressure in the system. Is this thought true and is there any other steps one should take when done, besides stepping off the tractor /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks
BX23 9.9 hours and raining out

/ Position of BH, FEL, stabilizer when done #2  
I bought a canvas garage at Costco to keep the BX23 in and because it has a dirt floor I put down 3 pieces of PVC pipe on the ground to rest the FEL on. When I shut down I let the FEL drop from its own weight to the pipes. the stabilizers I keep in the up position, but because of the past couple of days of rain in CT I havent used the machine. I noticed one of the stabilizers showed about 1/2" of movement. The backhoe I keep up and curled in all the way. The bucket does uncurl a bit overnight, so it might be better to let it drop manually after shutting down the machine, but it looks so much better curled /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I also pin the backhoe whenever its not in use. I leave it in gear and use the emerg brake when parked. I try to put the brake on fairly hard, cause if I forget to take it off (which I've done on more than a couple of occasions) you can tell it's on because of the whine the tractor makes when you try to move it. I wish it would stop raining so I can get back in the seat /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

/ Position of BH, FEL, stabilizer when done
I know how you feel about the rain..and shortening days also.

Another area is there any protective/cleaning products to keep the seat up. Amor-All?

Thank for the feedback. Do you have as many rocks in your area like Hamden

/ Position of BH, FEL, stabilizer when done #4  
I used armor-all on the seat and anything that's black plastic. It seem to do a good job. One of the biggest reasons I got the BX23 was because I was getting tired of mowing around rocks or hitting them with the blades. I didn't get the MMM because I have a Toro lawn tractor, and taking the implements off the BX to mow would become a real PIA. We have so many flower gardens to mow around the larger MMM would probably not save all that much time.
In Beacon Falls you can't stick a shovel in the ground without hearing a clunk. I love the backhoe. I've already extended our rock wall by about 25', and my wife uses rocks to border the flower beds. I can't believe people actually buy rocks! You will get quite good at running your backhoe, in very little time you'll be doing 2 or 3 operations at the same time without thinking about it. I've pulled out rocks that the FEL couldn't lift, so I pushed them to the wall and tipped them in place.
Enjoy your new machine, as I'm sure you will /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ Position of BH, FEL, stabilizer when done
Ken

Looks like your about 20 minutes away. I do a lot of business in the valley as a mortgage banker. Banker by day... tractor man on weekends. I got the toothbar for the FEL and it helps push and lift some of the big ones. I agree the backhoe is amazing. My wife gave it a try last weekend and pulled quite a large rock out with the BH.

I've been adding to a stone wall also. Did you get a rake or blade? I've seen 4 foot rakes..seems most get the 6 footers.

Jim

/ Position of BH, FEL, stabilizer when done #6  
I got the front blade with hydraulic angle with the tractor. My drive is about 450', and there are houses close to the side at the entance. I was concerned that with a gravel drive I might be pelting them with gravel using a blower, not really a neighborly thing to do, so I went with the blade. Also got a 4' KingKutter box blade. I was told the 5' was a bit too much for the BX, and the Kubota manual reccommends the 42" size. I haven't used the front blade for the snow yet, but I have used the box scraper a bit. I spread 24 ton of trap rock on the upper part of the drive, cleared wooded areas from the rear & side of the house then leveled and pulled up tons of rock with the BB. It takes a while to get the hang of using the BB and I'm not very good at it, but getting better /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. My wife started, positioned, set-up the backhoe and pulled up a rock by herself the other day, then put it on the wall. I was impressed. I bought some diesel fuel at a Texaco station the other day and it cost $2.27 a gallon! sure glade the BX goes about 2 hour an only a gallon. It is amazing how psyched-up I get about a tractor, but I really look forward to using it. I even cleared off a spot for a neighbor to put up a shed just for the fun of doing it. I read a post awile back where someone bought a new house & a BX23 to go with it, and his friends couldn't understand why he was more excited about the tractor than the house. I can understand his feelings.
Gotta go, and BTW, you should fill in you profile.

/ Position of BH, FEL, stabilizer when done #7  
Hey guys. It's great to hear how much fun you are having with your new tractors. Life is great with the right toys I mean tools.

I would not use Armor-all or any other alcohol based protectant on your tractor seat. It will destroy it. In fact several things I own (including my truck bed cover) the use of alcohol based protectants voids the warranty. I would use one of the many great leather conditioning products out there that do not contain alcohol.