unable to lift bucket

/ unable to lift bucket #1  

mollysmaster

Tractor
Kubota B7610
While removing rocks,(boulders) and trying to remove an old tree stump (24" across) I tried to lift the bucket a few times. The bucket did not move, and no sound or noise was heard. The bucket seems to work normal at this time so my question is if you tried to lift above the load range would it stop and not let you? If the load was too great would it stop? And are you doing any damage to the equiptment????

/ unable to lift bucket #2  
24” stump is usually stuck in pretty good…

If you exceed the psi setting on your hydraulic pump, it will go to bypass. It will stop. (You may have front tires squat a bit, but you might not hear anything… You will not necessarily hurt anything … but it will HEAT up your hydraulic fluid. KennyV.

/ unable to lift bucket #3  
I have had the same problem. In my part of the catskills the rocks and stumps can stop my 7800 dead. 2 things to try... run the throttle up to 2000 or more rpms. I have lifted boulders at that wouldn't budge when i was at 16 -> 1800. There seems to be more power for the hydraulic pump at higher rpms.

I also have had luck adding weight to the 3pt hitch. I realized that I had better luck with my brush hog on the back ( even with loaded tires) than I was having when leaving it off for greater maneuverability.

I still have 1 stump I'm fighting with but i know If I give it a fair shot my bota will win /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ unable to lift bucket #4  
mollysmaster,

Generally when the pressure relief valve on the tractor's hydraulic system trips it makes a sound...

I still can hear mine, but there is no way my ears are as good as my daughters' are.

When your bucket does not go up due to being overloaded for whatever reason, it is VERY likely that the PRV on your tractors hudraulics is activated...

Either it is a very quiet one...or you don't hear it.

In any case...as long as you don't sit there in that condition for a long time you will be fine... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regardless of tractor size, one can always find a way to over load it...The beauty of hydraulics is that you don't damage anything when you get in this kind of overload condition.