Neutral Adjust for BX2200

/ Neutral Adjust for BX2200 #1  

tomnky

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
After five weeks at the shop having the Hydraulic Control Valve Assembly replaced My BX came home with what I like others thought to be a sticking Speed control pedal( Travel Foot Pedal)

After trying the spring adjustment for the slow to return to neutral, It did not help at all.

I then tried to do the neutral adjust procedure and found out on mine it doesn't work the way the manual describes.(jacking it up and blocking the left rear wheel in two wheel drive)

I then let her back down on the floor and loosened the locking bolt and at idle put it in low range as it crept forward very slowly I then tapped the adjustment block forward until it stopped and locked it down.

No Sticking pedal at this time either in high or low range.

For anyone that is not familiar with this adjustment ,it is on Page 2-S8 in the BX 1800 & BX2200 Workshop Manual.

the adjustment is made after You lift the seat on the same side as the foot pedal, Once You raise the seat You can see the cam and locking bolt .

Attached is a scan of the page for reference.

Attachments

• 517485-Neutral Adjust Procedure (458 x 594).jpg
    517485-Neutral Adjust Procedure (458 x 594).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 667
   / Neutral Adjust for BX2200 #2  
I remember some discussion about this last week. Here is a great picture of the adjustment..... Junk..

/ Neutral Adjust for BX2200 #3  
Glade the simple fixed worked.

There has been several posts on this and some many keep saying it is the intenal bearings; which it might be. But go for the simple things first.

My BX22 did that same thing about 1 year ago. It was the neutral adj to hard the pedal go back quicker. and the forward and reverse adj for the pedal also to prevent creep.

**Here are some other pixs / docs on it. Sorry not trying to hi-jack the topic, just helping since the fix is very easy.

Neutral piston stiffness #1

Pix's of the natural "stiffness" of the pedal on these first two

Neutral piston stiffness #2

(from the BX manual)--in PDF form.

(the plate to adj forward and reverse).

(the plate to adj forward and reverse)