Noise from new Front mount snowblower

/ Noise from new Front mount snowblower #1  

astor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx2230
I have just mounted my new BX2750B front mount blower and I have run it a couple of time to make sure everything was working right. It seems to me that it is noisy. I have lubed the chain and all of the shafts, but it still seems noisy. Can anyone else with a front mount blower tell me if that is just the way they are.

Thanks.

/ Noise from new Front mount snowblower #2  
Mine is "pretty noisy" as well. Works great, though, so I assumed that that was just the nature of the beast. "Pretty noisy" is also pretty subjective...

/ Noise from new Front mount snowblower #3  
Astor,

I had the same innitial reaction when I used mine for the first time on my BX2200 last fall. In fact, I called the dealer and told him I thought it was grinding itself to pieces. He said don't worry about it. Still, I removed the chain guard and put a tiny bit of slack in the chain, as it seemed wicked tight. That did little or nothing to lessen the racket.

Anyway, I ran it all last winter with no problem. I guess I got used to the noise because I don't recall it bothering me after that first use.

You're going to be impressed with the capabilities of this thing. See photo link at the bottom for my (former) setup.

Killer B(7610)

BX With Blower

/ Noise from new Front mount snowblower #4  
Mine is noisy as well. Remember to keep the auger greased and use "bar oil" on the chain.

If you are throwing snow on a gravel drive or get off the paved area of your drive, watch out where you aim the chute as that puppy will really throw stuff a mile!

My dealer says that when you are really into the deep stuff keep the throttle wide open....however, engage the blower at low rpms!

Good luck!

/ Noise from new Front mount snowblower #5  
i don't have a blower , but was wondering if it could just be that u are running it without any snow? might increase the noise level.

/ Noise from new Front mount snowblower #6  
astor, I have the MFGC2300. Blower is probably about the same as mine and it's pretty noisy too. I doubt you have anything to worry about. You will appreciate that blower (especially if this year, or any of the next several years) are anything like last winter...