Grading Swapping Front Blade & Quick Hitch w/FEL

/ Swapping Front Blade & Quick Hitch w/FEL #1  

SeanInMN

Tractor
L3130 HST
I'm taking delivery of an L3130 HST this week (after several years of skulking) and I went to sign papers today and check everything out.

The setup is as follows: L3130 HST w/R4's, LA723 FEL, 72" sq back bucket, Kubota 72" Front Blade (L2172A) that attaches to Quick Hitch sub-frame, Befco 3PT Post Hole Auger w/9" bit, Befco RFM, Befco 72" Rear Blade, rear rock box.

I'm curious if anyone out there has the Kubota Front Blade & subframe and switches between that and the FEL. The sales guy explained that the subframe needs to be removed before attaching the FEL. I have no problem with that, but the mechanic who had installed the subframe was there and made a comment about the subframe being a pain in the ** to attach/remove because the two pins in the rear were so tight. Has anyone had any experience in attaching/removing this subframe that can comment on how difficult it is--either to insert/remove pins or to just jack up the frame to the proper position. Suggestions for tools/techniques? (The mechanic mentioned needing to really bang on the pins to get them in/out).

Background & usage: We're on 15 acres in Minnesota, mixed wooded, open field, wetland, some slope to property, 1000' driveway. My plan for the front blade is to use it just for snowplowing in the Winter, so I plan on putting it on in late Fall and only taking it off in the Spring. FEL for general landscaping stuff--moving gravel & dirt, etc.

Thanks!
Sean

Attachments

• 518742-FrontBlade.JPG
    518742-FrontBlade.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 277
   / Swapping Front Blade & Quick Hitch w/FEL #2  
I got about the same set-up on a 3830 and there are no pins in the rear, only pins are in the front bracket. The stationary drawbar inserts into it in the rear. It is not diffcult to to install or remove. Just takes a little fiddling.I have a 7 1/2' fisher plow on mine and when the snow get really deep I switch to a 62" blower.