B7800 PTO/RPM ?

/ B7800 PTO/RPM ? #1  

BrettW

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar FF205D
Hi,
Anyone know what the B7800 rpm speed is, in order to run a 5' finish mower at 540 rpms. Where I'm going with this is I'd like to run the finish mower faster to grind up leaves but I don't want to mess up the mower by running it way too fast.
thanks, BrettW

/ B7800 PTO/RPM ? #2  
BrettW
540 PTO RPM's is 2600. Max RPM's is 2900. I don't believe it is recommended that RPM's above 2600 be maintained for long periods of time.

/ B7800 PTO/RPM ?
Ron,
thanks, I don't think I was running it any faster than 2600 RPM. It sounded more like an airplane than a mower at that speed which was very good for destroying leaves. Just go over them a few times.
thanks, bw

/ B7800 PTO/RPM ? #4  
BrettW
I always run my mower at 2600 when tractor has warmed up. This provides best operation of the mower.

/ B7800 PTO/RPM ?
Ron,
I dont' know what kind of mower you have but is there a way to insure that the bearings are well lubed? My Midwest has lots of grease fittings but they only effect the wheels as far as I can tell.
thanks again, brett w

/ B7800 PTO/RPM ? #6  
BrettW
I have a <font color="orange"> Kubota</font> 72" MMM. It has grease fitting on the wheels, wheel swivel shafts, belt idler pulley, idler pulley arm, PTO shaft, and all 3 blade spindles.
I am sure there are fittings for greasing the spindles on your mower. You may have to remove covers to get at the fittings that are around the belt drive for the spindle. If you have not put any in the spindles before. It may take a lot grease to fill the bearing housing cavities.

/ B7800 PTO/RPM ?
thanks Ron,
I'll unbolt the cover and have a look. I didn't get an owners manual so I'm going a little blind. I did contact the company but didn't hear back. bw