Incessant Tinkering

/ Incessant Tinkering #1  

Killer_B

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
Mowing season is over. The snow hasn't started to fall. So what's a body to do?

My front mount blower is on, and all seems to work. But, I didn't care for the way the hydraulic hoses stuck straight up from the control valve, and became rather tight where they round the front brush guard. So, I installed a couple 45 degree fittings. This put the hoses closer to horizontal and they no longer rub at the brush guard. See attached “before photo.”

Attachments

• 529210-Hoses Before.jpg
    529210-Hoses Before.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 781
   / Incessant Tinkering
See “after” photo.

Attachments

• 529211-Hoses After.jpg
    529211-Hoses After.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 621
   / Incessant Tinkering
Also, the quick hitch kit came with a long arm that was to attach to a brush guard mounting bolt at the bottom, and then support the three pronged hose holder (that's a technical term) at the top. I didn’t care for the long arm, so I mounted the TPHH directly to the loader receiver assembly that stays with the tractor. See attached photo.

What now? Shall I launch an all out search for the better valve stem cap?

Attachments

• 529213-Hose Holder.jpg
    529213-Hose Holder.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 542
   / Incessant Tinkering #4  
Nice work, that looks good. I am sure your wishing for some snow to blast 70 feet!

By the way, the Mower storage axles I bought from you work great, very handy!

/ Incessant Tinkering
Hey Bandaman,

Glad you like the axels. You all set for winter?

/ Incessant Tinkering #6  
Do you have all your lights set up? You can't tackle snow without plenty of lights! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Incessant Tinkering #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hey Bandaman,

Glad you like the axels. You all set for winter? )</font>

Killer B,
Yep, I am pretty well ready for the snow, see my other post (Fixed the blade up a little)

Maybe if we get a ton this year, I can justify that sweet blower setup that you have /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Incessant Tinkering
Surfran,

No lights yet. I can't decide on the right way to do it. I definitely want to mount them to the ROPS, but I'm not sure how. Do you have some suggestions?

/ Incessant Tinkering #9  
Since I finally got a digital camera again, I will post a pic or two of mine tomorrow night. I bought magnetic base and take them off for Summer.

/ Incessant Tinkering #10  
As promised, here is a picture of the lights facing forward. I use (2) of the magnetic based 55w halogen I picked up at Wally World last year. Being magnetic based, I can change them to whereever I want /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 530335-Magnetic Lights.jpg
    530335-Magnetic Lights.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 259