Sims Cab with Stepvan Cab Heater BX2200

/ Sims Cab with Stepvan Cab Heater BX2200 #1  

moweraxle

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Just finished installing a stepvan heater (part#55-322) 15,000 BTU's $102.49 and comes with 3 speed switch. Total cost came to about $150 with fittings, hose, clamps, anti-freeze, shipping, sales tax. I removed the goose neck & thermostat & drilled & tapped 3/8" NPT in thermostat housing for my inlet and removed the 1" pipe plug on the right side of the engine & installed a 1" to 1/2" reducer & 1/2" pipe street el & a 5/8" hose nipple for the return line. works great.
I have taken 7 pic for start to finish.

Attachments

• 532286-Heater 1.JPG
    532286-Heater 1.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,094
   / Sims Cab with Stepvan Cab Heater BX2200 #8  
Larry... could you please post a bunch of pictures showing the cab and its detail. Most of us are not familiar with the different brands of cabs that are out there. Thanks for the pictures. You did a great job and it shows the pride that you take in the work that you do.

/ Sims Cab with Stepvan Cab Heater BX2200 #9  
I have a similar setup on my Cub 7275. Be careful if you use it in the woods. I ran over some branches last week and punctured a hose.

/ Sims Cab with Stepvan Cab Heater BX2200 #10  
I have to agree with Junkman. The quality of the installation looks perfect. It's too bad some dealers don't put in forth the same effort when you pay them to do a job.

What model blade was that? I'd like to see a pic or two of that.
I'm still looking into one for my BX1500.

Dean