Mount snowblade on FEL?

/ Mount snowblade on FEL? #1  

carver4591

Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
Has anyone ever mounted a snowblade to a front loader? I was looking at my rear blade and it seems possible with a couple of holes drilled in the bucket. Id really like the snow plow up front where it belongs, much more efficient. Brad

/ Mount snowblade on FEL? #2  
a 3PH blade does not have the spring loads necessary for the front in case the blade comes in contact with some "immovable" object.
You can buy blades made to mount to your loader arms, set up like a truck blade, from Curtis and others or there are a couple of other alternatives...

Attachments

• 532364-winterplow_2.jpg
    532364-winterplow_2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 439
   / Mount snowblade on FEL? #3  
Curtis doesn't make them for all tractors, but only some models. They don't make one for the BX series Kubota tractors.

/ Mount snowblade on FEL? #4  
Even the lightest blade Curtis makes would be too much for the BX series. It's a handful for my 2410 (hence the new setup in the pic).
A better alternative if someone wanted a project would be to modify a blade made for an ATV.

/ Mount snowblade on FEL? #5  
its easy to mount and older meyers plow in your fel. i used and old 6 footer so that it wouldnt be too big for the tractor. works wonders!

/ Mount snowblade on FEL?
Thats a really interesting configuration your using Semour, is it homemade or storebought? Brad

/ Mount snowblade on FEL? #7  
Brad
SeymourBota mounted his blade on a B2410. The blade he has mounted on his FEL may be too heavy for a BX.
Here is a link to his original thread on the project. Click Here
There are many blades on EBAY that could be adapted to your BX FEL.

/ Mount snowblade on FEL? #8  
I SUPPOSE there are numerous ways to do it, some good ,some bad! but if it was me i would just leave it as is, I never like not having the fel for use. but this is just MHO /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Mount snowblade on FEL? #9  
How about having one where it sorta fits inside the FEL bucket (like a socket)?

/ Mount snowblade on FEL? #10  
you really need to have the blade offset, so snow rolls off one side or your traction will be compromised quickly.