BT 750 auto return

/ BT 750 auto return #1  

allenb

Tractor
Kubota B20
Have A B20 with a BT 750 AUTO RETURN backhoe. I'm having a problem with erratic side to side swing movement, sometimes it will even "freeze up". I suspect the AUTO RETURN control box and/or the position sensors. Does anyone know of a kit to convert the AUTO RETURN valve body to a standard valve body?

/ BT 750 auto return #2  
Yes you can convert the auto-return to a standard valve body. It has been so long since I did one I can't help you with part #'s. You might try your local dealer he should be able to help. If not let me know and I'll dig up the service bulletin.

Brian

/ BT 750 auto return #3  
What is the serial # on the backhoe. A service bulletin was issued in '95 regarding the erratic behaviour on the BT750 w/ serial # >70000. I'd be glad to fax it your way.
Some other things you may want to check... the white plug where the backhoe connects to the tractor - check it for any signs of corrosion or dirt. The auto return gets its signal from the oil pressure sending unit - if the plug is messed up at all, it will not read the pressure correctly. Another cause may be the oil pressure is not coming up quick enough. This can be checked by turning the key off and back on quickly... this causes the return system to recognize the oil pressure and brings function back to normal.

/ BT 750 auto return
I started with the local dealer but they were not much help. I would be very interested in that tech bulletin and/or part numbers if you could find it. You could reply back here or on my regular email allenbutts@msn.com.
Thank You

/ BT 750 auto return #5  
Sorry Allen, I only had service bulletins up to 1992. I'll call the deler I get my parts from tomorrow he should be able to help. Maybe kubmech will be able to help.

Brian

/ BT 750 auto return #6  
Allen, Check with whole goods(sales) at your or any dealer. The number for the kit is B2085. The last time I did one they had some trouble locating a kit (lack of interest I think). What I ended up doing was ordering the parts I needed individually.
Let me know how you make out with the kit number.

/ BT 750 auto return #7  
Just happened to look at the kit instructions again today, The top page lists the kit number as B8025 and further down it's listed as a B2085 ??????????? just in case you run into trouble.

/ BT 750 auto return #8  
Allen, Check with whole goods(sales) at your or any dealer. The number for the kit is B2085. The last time I did one they had some trouble locating a kit (lack of interest I think). What I ended up doing was ordering the parts I needed individually.
Let me know how you make out with the kit number.

I have been looking for help on this problem for over a year and finally found these posts. Can you send me the service bulletin? I am getting a blinking green light on the box. Checked all circuits and they seem to be OK but the info on this thread on the oil pressure power source was new but I seem to have proper voltage going into the control box - just nothing coming out. Both solenoids fire when independently energized. Tried moving to left and turning on/off but it wouldn't reset.

/ BT 750 auto return #9  
I hate to burst your bubble but the parts and kits that were set up in the 90s are long gone according to my dealer friend.

The best way to convert it to manual swing is to change the complete valve stack.

Possibly a tractor salvage yard has a used valve stack that would fit a B750.

/ BT 750 auto return #10  
I have been looking for help on this problem for over a year and finally found these posts. Can you send me the service bulletin? I am getting a blinking green light on the box. Checked all circuits and they seem to be OK but the info on this thread on the oil pressure power source was new but I seem to have proper voltage going into the control box - just nothing coming out. Both solenoids fire when independently energized. Tried moving to left and turning on/off but it wouldn't reset.

The post you replied to is over 8 years old...and Kubmech has not been around in a long time. Sorry.