Mowing BX Mower - Stupid Tricks

/ BX Mower - Stupid Tricks #1  

RPM

Platinum Member
This one is in the running for stupid tractor tricks.

Last night (that's why they have headlights right?) when I was finishing up around the garden I mowed the rake that my wife had left in the long grass. That one sent the sparks flying!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

I took a good look at the deck and blades and can't see any damage other than some nicks in the blades that I'll have to deal with. I found the mangled rake head (ripped it right of the handle and folded it up beautifully) on the other side of the garden this morning.

I just dread to think what would have happened if I'd whacked that rake with anything less sturdy than the BX belly-mount deck. I must say I was impressed (well, I have to say something to cover up the stupid-trail!!).

Still can't believe I managed to do it without at least a puncture to one of the front tires. Fortune must have been smiling on me yesterday.

/ BX Mower - Stupid Tricks #2  
Heck, maybe we should have recomended that the stump guy just mow them. No worry of chains ripping his head off or anything!

Rogue

/ BX Mower - Stupid Tricks
Sure - just sharpen those blades up a little and grind those bad boys down!

/ BX Mower - Stupid Tricks #4  
Well after mowing for years with a lawn tractor I thought that my new B2410 would fit through all the same places it did. It does really well with one exception, I have to start looking up. When it stops raining I'll be putting up a new clothesline post. Barely put a scratch in the ROPS too. Hmm, how much is a post hole digger???

/ BX Mower - Stupid Tricks #5  
My ROPS came pre-scratched. Must of figured I was gonna remove clothslines.
I wish my dealer would come to my house and strip paint. He's good at it!

Rogue

/ BX Mower - Stupid Tricks #6  
Ummmm You didn't tell us... Was ya slightly pi#@ at the wife for leaving the rake? Only thing worse is to step on one and have the handle fly up and donk ya in the forehead. I "had" a girlfriend who hit a crowbar she left laying in the yard with her Gravely walk behind. It cut a 3/4" piece of steel dang near in half and only chipped the blade. God tose Gravely's are tough. Of course they are dangerous too.

Dr Dan

/ BX Mower - Stupid Tricks
No - I wasn't upset - she had given me the verbal waiver of liability - "I really don't think it's a good idea for you to mow in the dark". So no come back there - yet another example of superior forethought on the part of the other sex.

I had a bad day at work so was itching to do something to take my mind off it. The sparks were quite impressive too - wouldn't have seen those in the day!

/ BX Mower - Stupid Tricks #8  
I was mowing along my property line a few days after my neighbor had put up his fence. Suddenly a gawdawful noise from the mower deck and chunks of something out the chute! I called my neighbor over and said: "I've got good news and bad news - the good news is I found your hammer - the bad news is I found it with my mower!" I handed him the head and handle in about four pieces.

My mower is a little Craftsman 46" deck GT - I'm amazed it's still working.

18-32378-billanim.gif

/ BX Mower - Stupid Tricks #9  
I once found the neighbors missing tire chain with my 28" walk behind snowblower. I was at the end of the driveway trying to untangle the mess when he wandered down his drive and asked if when I was done, could he have his chain back, and if he wasn't home, I gould leave it next to his shed. (I wanted to put it through his front window!).

Steve

/ BX Mower - Stupid Tricks #10  
Well...I have managed to avoid smaking the ROPS into a tree limb...so far. However, while cutting my father's (unfamiliar) lawn I managed to not notice a metal marker in the ground(one small metal rod as a marker). I banged into it with the mower deck on the BX. I expected to see a huge dent...instead...one tiny little mark on the deck lip with a little bit of paint off....Man...those decks are tough!