BOX TRUCK

/ BOX TRUCK #2  
Yeah, but how high is the box, how high is the hoe? Ah, a hi de hoe.... and all this in worthless until you check the carrying capacity of the truck.

/ BOX TRUCK #3  
By BOX TRUCK, I'm guessing you mean "cab cutaway" which is a van front end and box on the rear.

We keep a couple box trucks around for emergency deliveries, most of them have load capacities of 2500 to 4000 pounds (assuming dual rear wheels) with GVWs somewhere in the 12,500# pound range. I think the weight capacity would handle the BX, but you might run into length issues. Those trucks typically have about a 14' long cargo box, I'm not sure what the L.O.A. is for a BX with FEL & BH.

The biggest problem you might have, given the tight quarters of the box will be centering the load so that it doesn't put too much, or too little weight on the front end.

/ BOX TRUCK
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( By BOX TRUCK, I'm guessing you mean "cab cutaway" which is a van front end and box on the rear.
1* I'm not sure what the L.O.A. is for a BX with FEL & BH.)</font>

1-* What does L.O.A. mean.

/ BOX TRUCK #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 1-* What does L.O.A. mean. )</font>

Length over all

It would be a tight fit, but you probably could do it if you have the height and turn the hoe to the side after loading.

/ BOX TRUCK
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( 1-* What does L.O.A. mean. )</font>

Length over all
)</font>

Should have Known -t hanks.

/ BOX TRUCK #7  
L.B. what type of truck is it? Does it have 4 rear wheels or 2? Do you know the gross vehicle weight? We used to run a whole fleet of those trucks, but now we only operate 2 to suppliment a fleet of medium (class 5) duty trucks. Does the truck have a low bed (with wheel wells in the box) or is it a dock height (flat cargo area)?

When I talked with my G.M. (he currently buys trucks for our fleet) he said you'd need 4 rear wheels and was concerned that the truck would be back heavy if you couldn't get the weight far enough forward. If the truck you are using has a long wheelbase, then it would be less of an issue, but many of these types of trucks have short wheel bases to reduce the turning radius for city deliveries.

/ BOX TRUCK #8  
Bob..... if he backs the BX23 into the box and turns the hoe sideways, the weight will be forward and over the rear wheels. The loader, even though it takes up a lot of space, isn't very heavy. Tractor, loader, and hoe only weigh about 2550 pounds. Securing it so it doesn't move in the box is another problem that he will have to resolve. If it were me, I would pay the dealer to deliver it, but to some, bringing it home is part of the trophy...

/ BOX TRUCK #9  
Junkman, you are probably correct about backing the machine in.

I think the bigger concern is going to be the ramps. A box truck is very likely to have a bed 32" to 42" off the ground, depending on box design, wheel wells, leaf springs, etc. I know my trailer bed is about 19" or 20" off the ground so my 6' ramps make for a fairly easy climb/decent. If the truck bed is 50% higher than a trailer bed, those ramps are going to have to be not only long, but very strong of they will bow down and look like a banana.

/ BOX TRUCK #10  
easy way around the long ramp problem is to support them from the underneath with wood blocking. That would limit the amount of sag, but it is still going to be a trip to get ramps that can carry the weight and be long enough. On the securing situation, the only thing that I can see is if the wheels were secured by nailing 4 x 4's in front and rear of the tires. Even then, if the truck was to stop short, the tractor might still crash into the passenger compartment. The trucks are supposed to have steel cages to protect the driver and occupant, but I don't know how strong they are. I would rent the proper trailer to move the tractor or pay someone to move it for me. One mistake because of inexperience and all the savings are gone instantly.