Quick Tach

/ Quick Tach #1  

LarryG

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I have a BX2200 and was wondering about a 3 point quick tach hitch for the cat 1 hitch. I bought one from Central Tractor locally, but it was 9 1/2 inches wider than my attachments. It fit on the tractor ok but would not hook up to my attachments without putting on longer hitch pins and then it was a fight to hook up anyway. I returned it to the store and they refnded my money but I don't understand why the difference in width. The hitch that I bought was labeled Cat 1 on it but as I said it just wouldn't work no matter what I did. Does anyone have any ideas or information on where one could be found that would work. Thanks for your input.

/ Quick Tach #2  
Hi ya
the hitch you are talking about is it a sub frame ?if so it sounds like it was cat1 to cat2 alot of people used to have them here but most are parked in the back of sheds as they were fixed size and did not fit farmers gear as well as they should .most bigger tractors have quick hitchs on there bottom links (they look like big hooks) that snap on to balls you just back up to ya gear and lift you links then put your top link on .i can't think of the name of who makes them off hand tho i'll have a look and see if i can find it somewhere
catch ya
JD Kid

/ Quick Tach #3  
   / Quick Tach #4  
Even though there is an SAE Standard for the dimensions of Category I, many manufacturers fail to follow it carefully. The distance between draft links in the assembled position should be 26 inches and the height of the mast should be 18 inches. Many implements do not adhere to this and therefore, the Cat I quick coupler is not always usable. On larger farm tractor sizes with Cat II, III, or IV hitches, the implements usually do follow the standards.