Kubota customer support - is there such thing?

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #1  

Dargo

Tractor
Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.
With regret, I ask if anyone knows how to get Kubota to provide customer support? I have bought two brand new Kubota units this year, a RTV900 and a L5030HSTC. Both are apparently quality pieces of equipment, but both suffer from small problems. I realize that no tractor company in the world is going to make tractors that will never have a problem. My problem is with corporate Kubota's total lack of customer support.

With the RTV900, about the only complaint left is minor, but is annoying. I've had a problem with the fuel and temp gauges fogging over since March of this year. Here it is December now and Kubota still cannot get me gauges that do not fog over. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I've had three sets of gauges; the first fogged over, the second fogged over and didn't work, and the third set fogs over. I know it's fairly minor, but I've tried to get this issue fixed since March and still have gotten nowhere.

With my L5030HSTC tractor, the hydro pedel is hyper sensitive and it is not possible to drive the tractor without it jerking with the slightest bump. I don't know about your lawn, but mine isn't quite like a putting green. Because of that fact, the tractor will slam you into the back of the seat and then jerk the other direction constantly. I can't use it. I've contacted my Kubota dealer countless times and they say that Kubota corporation needs to tell them how to fix the problem. This issue has now gone on for 4 months! I've called almost weekly about the problem. Since shelling out over 30K for a tractor, I've been able to use it about 5 hours in 4 months. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'm getting nowhere with Kubota and it seems that they are not even trying to fix my problems. I've begun to come to the conclusion that Kubota builds a fine product, but they have enough market share that they no longer care about customer satisfaction. If anyone out there knows how to get anyone at Kubota to do anything for a customer under warranty, I'd love to hear how. As I mentioned, I've called my dealer numerous times as well as I've called my Kubota "regional service manager" several times. They listen, apologize, and then do nothing!! Am I being unreasonable? It's been 9 months waiting on the RTV gauge fix, and 4 months waiting for my L5030HSTC fix. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anybody know how to help? I'm not really interested in starting a Kubota bashing thread, I just am lost in how to get Kubota corporation to respond to their customers. Help? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #2  
If the first, second, and third set of gages fog over, then you will find that they will always fog over unless Kubota changes the design of the gages. My 1964 Corvair Spyder has the same problem and Chevrolet never did come up with a fix for this. I doubt that Kubota will come up with a fix either. Ford never fixed the leaking tail lamps on the original Ford Probes. There are somethings that you will just have to learn to live with. As for the jerking pedal on the tractor, the only way that you will know for certain if it is your machine or the problem is systemic to all of that model Kubota's is to drive some other machine of the same model. If they are all alike, I am certain that Kubota isn't going to do anything about what you see as a problem, but they see as normal. I have found that they are very receptive to listening, but not very receptive to correcting problems. The BX leaking fuel tanks is one example and the inaccurate BX fuel gauge is another. I can't even get them to respond to my question about the ignition key falling out of the cylinder with the tractor running. Just remember it isn't what you pay for the machine, it is the service after the sale that counts. It just doesn't seem to count for very much with many dealers. There are just as many good dealers out there as there are bad ones. Unfortunately we have both found the dealers that don't give good service. Try another dealer or another tractor brand for better luck ......

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing?
Junkman, thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned, I have driven other 5030's and other xx30 series HST Kubota tractors, and they do not suffer from the problem mine has. I should have mentioned that fact. Thanks for bringing that point to mind.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #4  
RE the 5030, you need to have a talk with the dealer, they should be taking the tractor back or learning how to calibrate the pilot circuit on the L-30 tractors!

I hate being a mean guy to people who sell me stuff but if I bought that equipment for a business, I couldn't afford for it not to work. You shouldn't have to deal with it either.

It shouldn't be that complicated for them, the treadle controls a valve that modulates flow to shift the swash plate in the hydro.

Probably the pressure in the circuit is too high, or an orifice in the circuit for damping the speed of actuation is missing.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #5  
Those things are not Kubota's problem, they are your dealers. You should be banging on their door.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #6  
I've not had much problems with Kubotas, but I did have a problem with my '95 B7100 and got a little crossways with the salesman I bought it from. So I wrote a letter to the Better Business Bureau and sent copies to the dealership and to Kubota's corporate headquarters in California. I got a phone call from Kubota's Dallas office, and a factory service rep came to my house to see the problems, then went to the dealership to tell them what to order, etc. The problem got fixed and we all got back on friendly terms again. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif In fact, I later bought a '99 B2710 from the same salesman. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing?
Thanks Bird. I'm afraid that Kubota no longer provides that level of customer service. I've called Kubota and written them as well. As I said, it's been several months on both cases and there has been absolutely no move from Kubota, or my dealer, to fix my tractor. I wonder if anyone lately has had any personal service when there has been a problem. I'm honestly afraid that Kubota has gotten too big and no longer cares about a single individual owners.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Those things are not Kubota's problem, they are your dealers. You should be banging on their door. )</font>

When a dealer can't or won't fix a problem, then those are Kubota's problems. So long as you as a dealer have a contractual agreement with Kubota Tractor Corporation, and you fail to live up to that agreement, then Kubota Tractor Corporation has both a moral and legal obligation to remedy the problem. If there is a safety related problem, and someone gets hurt, it isn't the dealership that is going to be ultimately held responsible, it is Kubota Tractor Corporation.
If you had read his post correctly, you would have realized that the dealer didn't correct the problem after multiple tries. Is the dealership responsible for poorly designed gages? Is the dealership responsible for the Hydro problems? The answer to both these questions is yes, until they attempt to repair them and are unsuccessful. After that, the onus goes to the manufacturer...... Kubota Tractor Corporation. The dealer only sells and serviced the unit, he isn't responsible for poor engineering or design problems. If the dealer can't remedy the problems, it is incumbent upon the dealer to get the manufacturer involved to help remedy the problem. If the manufacturer can't remedy the problems, then the manufacturer should buy the tractor(s) back. They are not suitable for the purpose intended or advertised.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #9  
I will say this much.
I called Kubota Service regional office and talked to a Rep.
What he told me was that their hands were tied if the Dealer was not willing to do anything.

This was after the Dealer refused to warranty the defective valve.

I was told that one guy in California handles all the Warranty Repair work.
I wholeheartedly agree with Junkman on this one.

/ Kubota customer support - is there such thing? #10  
When I bought my Kubota two years ago I had high expectations concerning product quality and support. I must say that I am somewhat disappointed in both.

Sticking Hydro pedal. The Kubota dealer said that they did not know how to fix the problem and the Kubota Rep told me that it was just an adjustment. He told me that he would get with the dealer and explain the adjustment. The dealer made the adjustments but the pedal still sticks. I called Kubota back twice but they haven't returned my calls. I am taking the tractor back to the dealer on Monday. I want to get the problem fixed because it is a safety issue. I consider it a serious problem.

Air filter bracket breaks - Poor design - had to replace bracket

Gas gauge is erratic - Will have the dealer look at the problem but I think it is just a poor design.

Tail light lens keeps falling out - Poor design, not much holding it on (dealer says he sell a lot of them because they fall out)

MMM rubs tire when in the full up position - Dealer says there is no fix other than misadjusting the deck. I wrote to Kubota but they never responded.

MMM drive shaft fell off and took out the hydro filter - The connecting yoke was defective causing the problem. The dealer and Kubota did not want to replace it under warranty but finally relented after I proved that the yoke was defective. It took a week of haggling.

The emblem in the center of the steering wheel keeps falling off.

Except for the sticking hydro pedal, all of the problems are minor. However, I did not expect to have these types of problems with a Kubota. I expected a high quality product, strong dealer support, and strong support from Kubota. Not the case!