HST Fluid level

/ HST Fluid level #1  

JoeR

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030HSTC
Maybe someone can explain this. Before I start my tractor in the mornings, I do a normal check of fluids, etc... Day two of tractor work and the level is just above the low mark. So, I put Super UDT in. I checked later in the day since I was worried about a leak and the level was above the high mark on the dipstick. The next day (day 3) I check the fluid level and now the fluid level is mid range. I check again later that day it is once again above the high mark. Day 4 and the morning fluid level matches the evening level.

What is causing the variation in the morning checks?

Thanks,

Joe

/ HST Fluid level #2  
Are you checking the level when it is at the same temperatures. When hot the fluid expands raising the level.

Conversely; on my truck, the oil level check requires about 5 minutes for the top end to drain down after shutting off. The young lads at the service station are always wanting to add more oil just because the top end hasn't drained yet.

Egon

/ HST Fluid level #3  
I always try to check mine when it is parked in the exact same location each time - paved location being the best - because even a slight change in slope changes the sightglass reading quite a bit.