B2100HD Starting/Cranking Problem

/ B2100HD Starting/Cranking Problem #1  

DeniseK

When I go to start my B2100, and turn the key - nothing happens. After a short while, I will hear an electrical "clicking" sound and then it may or may not begin to crank. I have changed the battery and starter as well as checked wiring. Any suggestions?

/ B2100HD Starting/Cranking Problem #2  
Perhaps check the individual battery cells for charge.

Could also try and boost tractor to see if that makes a difference. Then you'd know if it's the battery or not.

There may also be some corrosion on electrical contacts. Start at the battery posts and work backwards. Don't forget the batter ground to frame connection either.

Up here in the cold batteries that work well in warm months show up the bad cells as soon as it gets cold and full amperage is required. This is the same for poor connections.

Egon

/ B2100HD Starting/Cranking Problem #3  
Sounds like a bad switch or bad solenoid or lose or coroded wires to one of the two.

/ B2100HD Starting/Cranking Problem #4  
Sounds like the same problem I had with my B2400. Solution was to install an auxilary low voltage relay as per Kubmech's advice. See:
Kubmech
After this modification, the tractor never failed to start on the first try. This fix has worked for others also.

/ B2100HD Starting/Cranking Problem #5  
I have the same problem on my L3300. Just ordered a few parts from tractor smart. ( controller, timer key stop and glow relay) I don't know if this will solve the problem, but I know the timer and glow relay are bad. The battery is good and I'm changing the ground cable.If this doesn't work I'll load it up and take it to the Dealer$$$ /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ B2100HD Starting/Cranking Problem #6  
I had the same problem with my B2400 as you are having. I contacted Kubota directly and they stated that over time the voltage to the starter solenoid drops due to multiple contact resistance in the wireing system (ignition switch, safety switches etc). If you reference the message below by victor43, and in turn kubmech, you will find the solution is quite simple and only costs about $20.00. The low voltage relay insures that 12 volts always reaches the starter/solenoid.

/ B2100HD Starting/Cranking Problem #7  
Replaced the ground cable and so far it has started every time> /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ B2100HD Starting/Cranking Problem #8  
Good show.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif