del...

/ del... #1  

Anonymous Poster

Has anyone weighed a STD L35 on a truck scale? HD Bucket w/removable edge, backhoe, NO fill in tires.

With the recent talk of Kubota weights being without wheels, tires, dipstick, jelly beans etc. I'm beginning to wonder what this thing really weighs. Hate to spend $$$ to have it trucked to a scale before I make trailer for it!

Thanks

del

[email]oldcarparts@mygarage.com [/email]

/ del... #2  
L35 Weight? - Any idea what a del weighs? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Mark

/ del... #3  
There must be some reason why they continue to sell so many 12,000# GVW Trailers. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The most overloaded trailer in the world must be these 7000# GVW tandum trailers that have 2 inch ball and CANNOT be legally tagged to carry over 5000# including the trailer.

If I put a back hoe on my M6800, I would really be pushing the 12,000# GVW with minimal implements being carried. If I remember the numbers correctly without fill in the tires you should fit on a 10,000# GVW but it would be close. If you are making the trailer set it up for 12,000 pounds and 2 5/16 ball. Then try to find some tires that are rated for that load for the trailer.

/ del... #4  
I can tell you the weight of an L35. It has a label on the back of the rops and it says its gross weight is 7800 lbs.

/ del... #5  
I think the label on the ROPS is for the weight rating of the ROPS. Kubota says the L35 weighs 6000lb, and my 7k tandem hauls it ok. I guess their weight is pretty close. If I can make enough $$$$ this summer, then a 10k lb trailer is in the works.

/ del... #6  
Hope you don't have a 2 inch ball on that 7000# GVW trailer. If you are ever near a feed store or some place with public scales, weigh the tractor, then the trailer, but not the tractor and trailer unless you take it loose from the towing vehicle. I would not be surprised it the trailer and tractor are closer to 8000#.

/ del... #7  
Yeah i think your right about the weight rating. I also thought that the tractor weighed around 5995 and when I saw the sticker on the back I got very confused.

/ del... #8  
The trailer is pretty well constructed for a 7k. Its got a 2 1/4" ball and a 12k lb coupler. I still have a good bit of suspension travel with the L35 loaded. And my 26K gross dump pulls it well. I did have to beef up the loading ramps a little. I will run this setup for this summer, but I will feel better with 10 or 12 k lb. trailer.
Mike