Kubota B-7800 test

/ Kubota B-7800 test
Ok, I hope this works. I finally got a picture Sunday morning. I didn't have time to get out the tape measure and couldn't get anyone to help me hold the tape anyway except for my buddy Shadow. And he would've just even the tape measure /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif.
Here is one picture of the hole.

Attachments

• 549992-hole.JPG
    549992-hole.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 384
   / Kubota B-7800 test
One from above the deepest part of the hole.
I'm getting used to this picture thing and it is addictive /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 549998-hole3.JPG
    549998-hole3.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 353
   / Kubota B-7800 test #14  
Looks like your dog's "back filling" it for you.

/ Kubota B-7800 test #15  
Missed this post before.

I dug a smaller version of what you did with my B7800. It was late September and the clayey ground here was baked hard but it seemed to do OK. My bigggest problem was that I couldn't make it as long as yours so I was trying to dig a deep small diameter hole. Also, I was in a hurry.

The reason I couldn't make it big was that it was at the neighbors place. Young couple that lives there had just come home and found one of their goats had been attacked by their own dog. The woman was quite upset as the goat was basically her pet and both of them just wanted the carcase buried, quickly.

I was able to get about three to four feet down but that was the first time when I really wished I had had the Backhoe. Also learned that it is a lot harder to dig from the downhill side of the hole.

Mike

/ Kubota B-7800 test #16  
Wife wants a pool and now I think I can dig it! Any thoughts on such a project?

/ Kubota B-7800 test #17  
It's under about 3' of snow now, but come spring I'll post pics of the landscaping pond that I was digging with B7800, FEL and toothbar until the ground froze. At present, is L shaped, about 20'wide, 30'long on short leg, 40' long on long one, and a max of about 6' deep. As the pics will show, took quite a few pretty hefty boulders boulders out, too.

It's just amazing what a CUT can accomplish. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif